Cruel Fate

Flashback

It was a sunny day, so his Family decided to go out for a change, he's only a little girl back then and was girly, with her cute appearance coupled with her fancy dress as she walk while she hops happily with her parents holding her little hands side by side. The other's looking at her felt an awe seeing her and her parents also smiling warmly looking at her.

They walked to the mall accompanied by a butler and bodyguards by their side. Her parents are quite popular so if someone recognize them, they will be surrounded but because her father told them that 'I want to be with my family first, can i have this little time with them?' so the crowd disperse while some still went after them but was stop by the bodyguards.

She's not aware of what her parents job is because she's still 5 years old. Her parents spoils her when they have time and never mentioned work related stuff when they're with her. They live in a big house with few bodyguards, one butler and two maids living with them.

She used to asked them why is their house not big like her other playmates are, cause when they went to visit her playmates house she even got lost. Her mother just then answered looking at her while cupping her little face, 'I value my little princess more than anything else. Your father and i don't overwork ourselves to have more time to spend with you , Tina. We also save money for your future and only want our house to be simple' .She still doesn't understand what they meant about it but still nodded her head while pursing her lips into a smile and her eyes look at her mother with glittering eyes which the mother look at her in awe.

Her parents carry her sometimes when she's exhausted from hopping and walking but let go when she's not feeling tired, for her parents not to be tired and be burden from carrying. They went to the part where there's a lot of kids clothes and she happily went to look at it. Her parents told her that she'll be having a baby brother soon so she's happy about it and also choose things for her baby brother while her parents just look at her happily standing by each other.

Some people who's shopping also stop what they're doing when they saw the little girl choosing clothes and sometimes she also ask her father to help her climb when she can't see what's on the higher parts of the shelves. They also went to the toy store and she's the one who choose toys for her brother and not even thinking choosing one for her own. Her parents only look at her in awe as she jumps back in fort when she saw a cool toy and also makes a choice if the two toys are similar which makes her parents laugh for she's frowning if she can't choose between the two.

Her mother always tell her when she's with her, that if she brought one thing she likes but then found something else, she should choose between the two if what she really wants. Because of that she only eat food which is better for her tastes after those many trial and errors.

She got hungry from exhaustion so she told her parents who are already paying the bills, about it her parents then nodded and made their way to the restaurant after paying. They eat with their bodyguards and the butler joining them but only in a different table in a restaurant where only few is around. She messily eat her food but her parents patiently wipe her mouth that has some sauce all over it and sometimes watch her eat while they also eat their foods.They didn't help her eat her foods as they want her also to learn things on her own, she might be spoiled child but she also know how to do things her own and be responsible.

After that they've gone back to the clothes store for her mother remembered that they haven't buy clothes for themselves cause they mostly bought things for their not yet born child. Her parents still looking and trying to fit in the clothes they choose and also chooses what to buy for her. She got bored because her parents are not looking at her and the bodyguards don't want to play with her so she decided to play hide and seek with her parents.

At first her parents find her and she hide again after that. She patiently waited for them to seek her but because she's already tired she fall asleep in the place she hides. After awhile of not finding their daughter, the couple asked the bodyguards who's with them but they shook their head and say that they didn't saw her for the shelves are blocking their view.

The two got anxious so they gone to ask the passerby's if they saw their lil girl. Some shook their heads and some pointed directions but the places they pointed was the place they went before. The mother is worried so does the father, so they decided to go back to where they last saw her and called out her name. It's been two hours but the little girl didn't show up. The father then called the police that their daughter is missing but the police only told them that it's not even 24 hours so they might be mistaken and will find her later.

The father throw his phone out of anger and the other onlookers got scared by that for the father's veins are already popping from his face while the mother also worriedly calmed his husband. When he calmed down a little he decided to seek help instead from the passerby's to search for his daughter in distress and the mother who's uneasy also did the same.

Some of those who sympathize them went to help while the others only look and some even whisper to each other making a fool for themselves. The father got irritated hearing them it so he shouted while glaring "IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HELP ! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT! DON'T JUST STAND THERE AND TALK BEHIND OUR BACKS!". Those who are whispering shut their mouths while the others just look away and walk out. The mother who's still anxious calmed her husband down and say that they should continue to search for their daughter.

The couple and the others who wants to help search from the first floor to the last floor checking the even the places where a child can't fit and called out her name but no one can find her. "Our child might be scared by now" cried the mother as she sob to the chest of her husband that is caressing her back as he hug her "hussh... don't cry we will find our daughter, she'll show herself and might be searching for us by now" said the father as he also try to hold his tears back and looking at the ceiling to stop his tears from flowing.

They've been searching for hours as the crowd also disperse little by little and also apologizes to the couple that they need to go now. The couple then sits helplessly in the staircase as the mother just cried silently hiding her face to her palms while her husband trying also not to cry but his eyes are already bloodshot while he clench his fist...

- - -

Tina woke up and supported her little body to sit while rubbing her eyes. She called out her parents "Mom..? Dad...?" but no one answered her as she look around and saw that she's in a place full of boxes and just tilted her head for she doesn't remember how she got here.

She heard a clink and creaks and clink again sounds. Curious she turned her head around to look at where she heard the sound. She saw someone standing there, she broke to a smile for seeing who it was because she know that person. But then remembering where they are she asked innocently"where are we?" while standing up and surveyed the area.

She heard him talk so she stop scanning and take a look at him instead, "I'm sorry young miss... I need money so I can only resort to this" the man said as he walk towards her with his saddened face and tone that feels like he's going to cry. She tilted her head in the other side as she put her index finger in her chin, acting like she's thinking but she's still clueless about what the man is talking about but she then got an idea.

"My parents have money ! You can ask them! I'll help you !" as she smiled brightly like she just said something good . The man who's already kneeling in front of her, hearing those words made him tear as he also felt warm but also in agony and feeling guilty. "That's what i'm going to do right now... young miss thank you, i hope you'll forgive me for this".

The man then took out something from his back pocket. The little girl just look at the thing that the man is holding curiously, she want to ask what it was but the thing already neared her skin making a zapping sound. The little girl who's just smiling brightly awhile ago are now sleeping like a log in the arms of the man who just hugged her tightly while he teared up...