"Chasing Cars" Jamilton

Warning : This one is sad. I almost cried writing it but then again, I'm a crybaby and this song makes me really sad.

"We'll do it all.
Everything.
On our own," Thomas sang softly, tears dusting his eyes. It was the first time he had made any noise since...

"We don't need,
Anything,
Or anyone," Thomas practically whispered, sniffling. This was Alexander's favorite song. Thomas wiped his eyes and looked up at his ceiling.

"If I lay here,
If I just lay here,
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?" Thomas sang, choking back a sob. He quietly untangled himself from his bed sheets and got up to get dressed and ready for the day.

I don't quite know,
How to say,
How I feel.

Thomas dropped a box of Lucky Charms into his shopping cart. 'Alex's favorite cereal was Lucky Charms,' he thought to himself. He stared at the box for a second before he shook his head, clearing away his thoughts.

Those three words,
Are said too much.
They're not enough.

Thomas drove home in silence. He didn't dare turn on the radio. He feared that if he did, he would hear a song that Alexander liked.

"If I lay here,
If I just lay here,
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?" Thomas hummed as he put away his groceries. He opened a cabinet to pull out a mug and froze. The first thing he saw was the mug that had the words 'Non-Stop' printed in cursive writing. It was Alexander's favorite mug.

Forget what were told,
Before we get too old.
Show me a garden that's bursting into life.

"Let's waste time,
Chasing cars,
Around our heads.

I need your grace,
To remind me,
To find my own.

If I lay here,
If I just lay here,
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?" Thomas sang quietly as he walked, holding a bouquet of blue forget-me-nots, lavender bellflowers, purple asters, and pink elgantine roses.

Forget what we're told,
Before we get too old.
Show me a garden that's bursting into life.

Thomas sniffled and made his way through the empty, silent graveyard. Finally, he found the one he was looking for and silently walked over. He gently laid the flowers down and sat on his knees in front of the headstone.

All that I am,
All that I ever was,
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see.

Thomas gently kissed the top of the headstone and closed his eyes sniffling. After a few moments, he opened his teary eyes and carefully ran his fingertips over Alexander's name, the tears finally falling.

I don't know where,
Confused about how as well.
Just know that these things will never change for us at all.

Thomas choked down a sob and wiped his eyes, his hands shaking. He inhaled slowly and laid down beside the headstone. He stared up at the cloudy sky and silently cried.

"If I lay here,
If I just lay here,
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

A/N : I'm sorry if this made you sad but I was listening to this song because I hadn't in a really long time and I just kinda felt the need to write depressing gay stuff so, here. I hope you enjoyed this. I'm actually kinda proud of it!