Chapter 7 - First Date Fred

I sit next to her pulling her close.
"What's gone off?" I say.
"I don't believe them." She says.
"Don't believe the doctors?" I say.
She takes a deep breath.
"Archie, I've got PTSD." She sighs.
"You've got STD's?!?! Were gonna die?!?!"
"No Archie. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It means something bad had happened and it explains my flashbacks since coming around."
"You've been having flashbacks?" I say.
She nods, tears in her eyes.
"It's gone. It's just gone." She sobs into me.
"Shh it's okay." I say. I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream my lungs out. I was upset too but I had to be strong for her.
I kiss her forehead.
"It's gonna be okay V." I reassure her, stroking her head.
She snuggles into me. And I pick her up protectively. She nuzzles me.
"Let's go home." I say.
"Mr and Mrs Andrews..." the doctor says. Me, Ronnie, mom and dad look up.
"Yeah." I say; smirking at Ronnie, who smiles.
"I don't want to see you here for a long time." The doctor laughs.
"Of course." I say.
"Now scram." he laughs.
I pick up v and put her on my back and run out with her. She giggles.
"Archiekins!" She laughs.
I ran home with her and place her on the sofa.
I kiss her, smiling.
"Mine." I say, kissing her nose.
"All yours." She replied with a smile.
I kiss her again and mom and dad walk in.
"How did you get here before the car?" Mom says.
"I ran." I reply, smiling.
"No shit." Dad says.
"Language Fred." Mom says, kissing him.

Mary's POV
I walk to the kitchen, putting the oven on. Making a balanced diet for the family is important. I like making cauliflower risotto but Archie doesn't appreciate it.
I start to chop up some potatoes and carrots to make a chicken casserole when some arms slip around me.
It was Fred.
"I could use your strength." I smile up at him and he kisses my forehead.
"Really?" He says. "What do I do?"
"Just chop some of this up with me."
He chuckles.
"Don't get the scissors on the chicken breast. I've got it." He says. "Besides, I wanted to take you out for dinner. Archie and Ronnie said they're gonna get take out."
"Really?" I say, kissing him.
"Mhm... I've hung what I want you to wear in your bedroom."
I hear a small squeak from the room. I walk in and a pizza woman is there, being a little Archie fan girl.
He smiles, signing her cd with a Black sharpie. Veronica signs it too because she was asked.
"Are you Archie's mom?" The pizza woman says. I nod.
"You sign it!" She squeaks.
"No. You don't want my signature." I chuckles.
"I do. And yours." She says, pointing to Fred, who's leaned in the door frame.
Fred signs the disk. The girl smiles. I Sign my name and she looks up at Fred.
"Do you know where I can contact Andrews construction. It's meant to be best in town." She says.
"I own it." Fred laughs, passing the girl his business card.
"Oh cool! I'm getting an extension soon. I'll be round to discuss it tomorrow?"
"Of course." Fred smiles.
The pizza woman leaves and Archie and Ronnie have ordered a pepperoni to share and garlic bread. So unhealthy but I'll let them off.
I walk upstairs. A dress is hung with a dress cover over. I unzip the dress cover and a royal purple short dress is hung. It was well too familiar. It was the dress I wore on my first date with Fred.
"Recognise it huh?" Fred says. I turn round and he's wearing his red and beige letterman jacket and blue jeans.
I jump out my skin.
"Thought we could recreate it." Fred laughs.
"Really?" I say.
He nods. I slip the dress on and it fits just as it used to, just tight on the bust but it pushed my breasts right up. I felt a little insecure but with the look on Fred's face, it appeared I look okay.
"God Mary." He says. "You've matured."
"Of course. You have mr muscle." I say.
"Even pops is wearing what he wore that night. I had to remind him." He says. "It's closed for the night so it's deserted like it used to be."
"How much money did you put into this?"
"Only dinner. Pops thought it was a good idea so he did it voluntarily."
"Oh wow." I say. "I really appreciate the thought into this Fred."
"Hey it's nothing. You're the love of my life." Fred smiles. I smile too.
"You're mine." I say.

Archie POV
I was in for what dad was doing for mom. I thought it was quite cute. Ronnie and I's first date was similar and I wanna recreate it one day. I sit on the living room floor and open the pizza boxes.
"Cute isn't it Archie?" Veronica says. I nod.
"Do you ever miss school?" I ask Ronnie, looking up at her.
"Do you?" She shrugs.
"Of course." I say.
"Well, we can't go back." She says. "There's one teacher i don't miss."
"Who?" I say.
"Grundy." She chuckles and I do too. We have this joke that grundy would take me away from Ronnie but it won't ever happen.
Dad walks downstairs, holding mom's hand.
"Right we're out. We might be back late. So let your self to bed if your tired. Vegas needs walking." Dad says.
I smile.
"Have a good time!" Ronnie says.
"Have fun!" I say, slapping a slice of pizza on ronnies cheek.
"Hey!" She says, rubbing her cheek. My parents laugh and walk out towards pops.
"I miss messing with you." I smirk.
"I know." She attaches Vegas to a leash. I take Vegas' leash and walk outside.
"My dad loves Vegas yno.. like I do but he's always looked after him while I've been off at school or with you." I say.
"Well I'm sure Vegas would be lost without you or your dad. Or even your mom."
"I hope it doesn't have to come to that." I sigh.
"You'll be devastated when he's gone though." She says.
"Of course." I say. Vegas sniffs a lamppost and pees up it. I shake my head, laughing.
We carry on and enter the park.
We sit on a bench, feeding some bread to the ducks that we bought from home. They quack in delight and Vegas lays on my feet, content. If Vegas barked the ducks would flee but he's okay. I stroke the scruff of his neck and tickle it slightly. Vegas pants and rolls on his stomach.
I chuckle and scratch his stomach.
"Oh my god." Ronnie says, dropping her bread crust, which a greedy duck gobbles instantly.
"What is it?" I say, not looking up.
"Well well well isn't it Veronica Lodge." An unfamiliar voice says.
"Isn't it Nick StClair." She says, bluntly. Vegas looks at the unfamiliar man and growls, baring his teeth which isn't anything like Vegas. It was a weird gesture.
"This is Archie Andrews and his dog Vegas." Veronica says.
Vegas looked fuming.
"He looks stupid. Is this a down grade or what?" Nick blurts. He's crossing a very fine line called humanity.
-
DAMN NICK. FUCK UUUU.
MKAY so I'm sorry for the wait and shitty chapter. So can I have a favour from you guys.
So far who do you prefer on Riverdale Toni or Chuck or grundy or nick. And if it's Toni who's your second fav from the four.
And on here, Freddie or nick?
Vote, comment and share?
I love yall
Rate 1-10?
Ella 💜💜💜