Chapter 24 - I Just Dont Know How To React

"Veronica, you know how I said I was pregnant?"
I nod.
"It's uh it's twins." Mary says.
"Oh uh that's great right?" I said, not really knowing how to react.
She shakes her head.
"It's complicated." She says. "I just don't know if my body can cope. I'm getting old v."
"Nonsense. You'll be great." I smile.
She hugs me and we walk to our table, where food is laid out with lattes in tall glass mugs.
I snap a picture and we tuck into our food. There was a warm buzz in the restaurant; it felt so safe and in our own element. The food was actually delicious. It wasn't fast food but it wasn't restaurant food. It felt so homely and tasted so good. My phone rings. It was Chloe who brought out my clothes collection.
"Excuse me. I have to take this. Work." I said. I walk out and pick up.
"Hey v. We reviewed the designs you sent and we'll release them shortly. I just have a problem." She says.
Someone was staring me out.
I look at them. They look down.
"What is it?" I say.
"A cooking show. People have requested a new show because there's no shows with special dietary requirements like no gluten/milk etc. Do you know anyone?" She asks.
"Mary is a great cook and lactose intolerant."I say.
"Archie's mom?" She says.
I nod.
"Yup. Mary Andrews. Do you want her number?" I say and Chloe asks for it. I tell her her number.
"Thanks v." Chloe said. "Well want to interview her but Mary will get good views Cos everyone will want to eat like Archie."
I agree and hang up. The girl that was staring me out smirks.
"Can I have an autograph?" She says.
I nod, signing her notebook on the inside of the front cover, where she asked. She smirks.
"Thanks." She says. Something off in her tone of voice. I sign my signature with a traditional heart.
I go back and everyone is packing up. Archie passes me my Pravda bag and walks out with me.
"Pass me my gum please." he says.
I delve in my bag pulling out his gum. We walk out into the Main Street with Fred and Mary and it's chockablock full of people. The line of arcades amazed me. The lights dazzling even in broad daylight. The smell of fresh donuts laces the hot air. We walk the opposite way to the arcades towards the beach front. We walk up a hill. There's a small fair at side of hill up some stairs but we walk up. Archie walks to a bench.
"We had Chinese takeaway on the bench." He says. "When these were first build. I must have been 10."
He points to an orange stain.
"That's where I spilt sweet and sour sauce." He laughs.
"Oh my god Archie. That's years ago. Please tell me you didn't eat it." I said.
"Yes. I'd take you to the place but it got shut down." He shrugs.
"Hmm wonder why." I laugh.
I take his hand and walk to the beach.
"Is there usually an open mic?" I say. Archie shakes his head.
"Go up and sing."
"What song?" He asks.
"Hmm that song gold digger." ((Can't remember who it's by, it's quite old.))
"Yes. I'm in the mood for rock. I'll save my song for your ears first." He passes me his jacket. I hug it close.
He requests the song. He rocks the beach and a lot of people gather to rock out. He shouts. "Rock on!" At the end of his song. I love him. Loads of people cheer, some checking footage they got. He walks off stage towards me. I take his arm, pulling it around me.
"I'm proud of you archiekins." I smile.
He kisses me and someone coughs.
I pull away.
"You killed it. I like your voice." A little girl said. Archie crouches next to her.
"Thank you." He says.
"I'm not very good but I want to be like you." My heart was throbbing. It hurt to hear this.
"I'm sure you're amazing!" Archie says. "How about I sing with you?"
"You pick what song." I smile.
"Take a bow by Rihanna." She says. It shocks me because she's so shy.
Archie nods and takes her. They sing together. She's pretty good for her age.
When they finish, Archie gives her a hug.
"You were great." He says to her.
"Lia Canning, everyone." He says, letting her get a round of applause.
She giggles. When she walks off stage, Archie gives her a little envelope. Lia's mom and dad and older brother pick her up and she smiles, waving to Archie. Her mom opens the envelope and is gobsmacked.
"Are you sure?" She mouths at Archie and Archie nods.
"What was it?" I say.
"VIP passes to a concert that I'm doing soon in Riverdale." He smiles and I smile for a while.
"I thought they were only open to the first 7 that book." I say.
"Well I changed it to 3." He smiles. I hug into him.
We sit on the beach and have a lovely day by the sea. We had to leave after Archie posted a pic of me in the sea because people found us but we'd been on the beach for several hours. We walk towards the arcade and my eyes fix straight on the dance mats. I pull Archie on it, paying. I pass Mary my bag and Archie throws his backpack down. Archie has two left feet, it's hilarious. We do cotton eye joe to start with. He's struggling to keep up. Archie gets a much lower score. I laugh a little, kissing him. Once we finish the game, we decided to do some bowling. Now that was something Archie could do better. Way better. Even without bumpers, whereas I had bumpers. Archie took pics as I did it.
"Stop!!" I whine, covering my face.
"But you're so gorgeousss!" He says, taking my hands from my face.
I kiss him. He kisses me, holding me firmly by the waist.
When he goes for his turn he puts it down the gutter, he claimed it was by accident but he literally dropped it in.
I take my small weighted ball out and I read Archie's. XXL. I pick it up, almost dropping it but Archie catches it.
"Cutie." He says.
Needless to say, Archie won. By miles. I look towards him.
I walk on the car park, with Mary, Fred and liv. We sit in the car and set off back home. Fred decides to drive and Mary calls shotgun so I sit in the back, entwining my fingers with Archie. I rest my head on his shoulder and liv is already asleep against Archie. He kisses me softly. I didn't check my phone all day. I pick it up and scroll through my emails, in case work messaged any updates. I'll tell Mary about the offer tonight. I see an email from my bank.
"Urgent Message for Veronica Andrews." Was the subject.
I opened it and it was something I thought I'd never see in my bank account. I'm glad I opened it though.
-
Ohmigod what is it?!?!
Guys I hope u liked my little description of the seaside town. It's based off a place I always went to as a baby. Remember to like, comment share. Rate me 1-10. Love yall so much, Ella ❤️❤️