Chapter 13 - Mary's Big News

"But I'm not ready." Veronica says.
"Oh... uh sorry for asking." I say, climbing into my sheets.
"Arch..." v says.
"It's fine." I say. She climbs into bed, placing her head on my chest, listening to my heartbeat. I smile.
"You know what's beautiful?" She says.
"What?" I say.
"I can hear your heart beating and I can tell that it's a happy beat." She smiles.
"Really?" I say.
"Mhm but right now it seems sad." Veronica says, her smile fading.
"Arch... as soon as I'm ready, I'll tell you." She smiles.
I nod. At least we'll have kids one day.

I wake up with the sun in my eyes and a head full of thoughts. Another day, another adventure. I walk outside my room and hear mom and dad whispering about something but due to my poor hearing, I couldn't hear what they were saying.
I take my clothes and get a shower. I was gonna confront them about it.
I put my clothes on my body and walk into the room rocking a towel tied on the top of my head. V sits up smiling.
"Hey handsome." She smiles.
I smile and kiss her forehead.
"Good morning beautiful." I smile. She smiles back and I nod.
"Oh babe... what am I gonna do with you?" She says.
"What do you mean?" I say.
"Have you been stressing this morning. You've gone white again and a vain is protruding." She says.
"A lil." I say.
"Is everything okay?" She says, looking worried.
"It looked like mom and dad were whisper fighting earlier. I don't want to see them split again." I said.
"I'm sure it'll be okay Archie. I'm sure they'll sort it out." Veronica says.
"Good." I say. "I don't want mom back in Chicago. I want her here so if I need her, she's here."
Veronica nods.
It was relaxing for the rest of the holiday and it wouldn't be interesting to write about.

We've been home a couple of days and David already sent me to my acting opportunity where I met Ed Sheeran and he was so amazing. So nice. I walk in from my audition and into the kitchen.
"Archie taste this." Dad says, handing me a spoon of cake mix. I try it and spit it out in the sink.
"Ew. What the hell." I say.
Dad laughs.
"I can't cook." He says.
"You've put salt instead of sugar." I say.
"I heard salt is meant to make things taste good."
"Just a pinch of salt." Veronica says, getting a can of cream soda from the refrigerator.
"How'd the audition go?" Dad says.
I smile.
"Great. I met Ed Sheeran who would be my co star. I got the part straight away. I guess I'm a good actor." I shrug.
"Where's Mary?" Veronica says.
"Ah she's at an appointment." Dad says. "Just the doctors."
Veronica frowns. "Is she okay?"
"Perfectly fine. A normal check up I assume." Dad says.
"Ah okay. Let's go practise your lines arch." V tugs my arm. I walk upstairs with her and I shut the door, leaning against it.
Veronica throws me a script and I look at it. I leap straight in.
"I'm not getting up. Why should I?" I say.
"Because Herman, if you don't we can't see if you can walk and can't discharge you." Veronica says back.
"Well I'm not." I say.
"Right I'll put you in a chair." Veronica says. "Then you get wheeled to a room and you pick up ed's guitar and play a chord or two."
"Okay."
"That's my guitar." V says.
"Oh sorry bro I was just—"
"No worries." V says. "We'll leave it here for tonight. Good job in the accent too. Man."
"Makes me hot?" I say and v nods.
I sit on my bed and look at my recent videos comments. Some are really supportive with the odd hater that find everything to insult including my hair. The haters always get attacked by fans. It's so overwhelming how many people love me. I'm just like they are. Believe it or not I'm a person of nature. I smile and reply to as many comments as I can and v smiles, looking over my shoulder. As we reach a hater, she clenches her fists into small balls.
"Why are they saying that?" She says.
"Because," I take her balled hand. "They want me to react like you."
She rests her head on my shoulder.
"But look the nice ones overpower the negative ones."
She smiles and reads them.
"Archie! You're an American Sweetheart!" She says.
"I am?" I say. She nods.
"There's loads of comments saying how gorgeous you're. And the Archers have attacked the haters."
"The archers?" I say.
"That's a fandom name Archie. You have a fandom. Fan accounts." Veronica says.
"Wait? I do?" I say. She nods.
I type my name on my following and there was loads. I make another account called archersnoticed and I put on my story that it was my notice acc so I can appreciate every page. Then I follow all fan pages via that and like stuff that is on the pages and some of these edits for me were phenomenal. I enjoy looking through them with Veronica. My fans love my page and it gives me an idea.
"V. I have a video idea. Make fan accounts for each other and dm fans and see what they're like as people."
She nods. We hear the door downstairs.
"Later." She smiles. "Your mom's home."
I smile and walk downstairs.
"Hey mom." I say.
"Hi arch." She says, placing a bag on the table. "Can you just leave me and your father to talk in private please for a few minutes."
I nod. I respect there privacy and sit in the room, playing my guitar and Veronica faces me.
"Makes me nervous when I'm not involved." I say.
"They're adults. It'll be fine. Every adult needs privacy." Veronica shrugs.
I nod. Mom calls us back in and we sit down to dinner. It was awkwardly silent but mom keeps glancing to dad who seems uneasy and sweaty and it makes me nervous because he's not like this a lot. I bite my lip.
"Dad, why are you so sweaty?" I say.
"Just hot." He says.
"The aircon is on dad." I say. He nods. Whatever they're hiding must be huge.
We finish our dinner and i get my guitar out playing a little tune.
"Archie, Veronica, we have something to tell you..." dad says.
"Figured." I fold my arms.
"Archie. This is so hard to tell you. I don't know how to." Mom says, tears in her eyes.
Dad looks at her.
"It's fine mom. You can tell me anything. You know that." I say.
"I'd let you read it but you can't read very well so I'll tell you." Mom says.
She takes a shaky breath and Veronica takes my hand. I swear to god she isn't holding a divorce paper or a flight ticket confirmation letter.
"Mary Andrews doctors appointment results." She says.
I look at her confusingly.
"Appears to be three weeks pregnant." Mom says, biting her lip.
-
OH MY FUCKING GOD. YALL BETTER FLIP. BC I WAS.
SORRY FOR WAIT. I SUCK. IK. BUT ON THE UPSIDEEEE YEAH THERES NON. COMMENT BABY NAMES FOR MARY 😹😉
Rate 1-10
Comment opinions
Vote, comment and share 💜
Ly all ✨
Ella 💛💜