Father x Lab Worker (Reader)

"He's looking at you again," Madison Li remarks, glancing at the other side of the room where Father stood. You followed her gaze, gawking at the very handsome thirty-year-old talking to a lab worker. Your eyes landed on his lips, watching them move graciously as he spoke.

You wondered how those lips would feel on yours....

A small blush crept up onto your cheeks from your thoughts. You quickly looked away before he noticed you were staring, "Don't be silly." You quietly laughed, but you knew he was. He didn't hide it one bit, and you honestly didn't mind it either having the leader of the Institute notice you is quite an honor, according to Madison.

Madison took a step back, letting you look through the microscope as she wrote on her paper attached to her clipboard. She shook her head, "Me? What about you?" She nudges your arm with a teasing smile.

You playfully rolled your eyes at her about to say something, but Father came by.

"Good morning, ladies." He greeted warmly with a smile mostly aimed towards you.

"Father." Madison politely smiled.

"Hi, Father." You nervously smiled tucking a piece of hair behind your ear, being this close to the man made you nervous.

"Everything going well?" He asked.

"Yes, of course (Y/N) is such a hard worker." Madison talked you up like she always does.

"Well, I can't take all the credit. Doctor Li is amazing. Working with her is an honor." You smiled at her. She was always kind to you since you started working with her four years ago, and she's just as big of a deal as Father well in a sense. You couldn't believe that she used to work for the Brotherhood of Steel, those fools tearing everything the Institute works for apart.

"My heavens," Madison laughs, "You are quite the little charmer, wouldn't you agree, Father?"

"Doctor Li! You're needed over here!"

Whew, good timing! You thought to yourself.

"There's my cue!" She left the two of you walking over to the other side of the room.

"She's something else." You chuckled.

"She's not wrong, you know," He smiled, "You are a little charmer."

You blushed, looking away, "Well, uh," You were tongue-tied looking at your feet, avoiding his hazel eyes.

He deeply chuckled, "When you have a chance, come to my quarters tonight. There's something I would like to talk to you about."

Your face went scarlet, and your words were caught in your throat. You slowly nodded without another word, and he left the room. Feeling overwhelmed, you leaned against the desk behind you, taking steady breaths to calm your raging nerves.

What on earth would he want to talk about with me!? You asked yourself, thinking it over and over. There was a meeting yesterday, and Madison did inform him we were working on a new project. Maybe that's it? You reassure yourself that's simply what it was.

"(Y/N)! My office!" Madison called out before walking into her office. You snapped out of your thoughts, pushing your glasses back up your nose. You were able to stand again, making your way to her office, the door closing automatically behind you.

Madison leaned on the front of her desk anxiously waiting for you to come in, "Your face is so red!" She gushed, "What did he say to you?"

"N-Nothing!" You frantically waved your hands. She eyed you waiting patiently till you came out with it.