Hancock X Sole Survivor (Nora)

Hi honey!

Rewind

Hi, honey!

Rewind

Hi, honey!

Hancock heavily sighed, listening to the repeat of Nora's dead husband's voice. It was routine for them. She would have a horrible dream about what happened in the vault, then wake up at the crack of dawn and listen to his tape on her pip-boy on repeat. He wishes there was something he could do to soothe her, but he knows all she wants is her husband, and he could never be him. Hancock crawled out of bed he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror in his room. They shared a house or what's left of a house together. They sleep in separate rooms, of course.

Hancock rubbed his chin, staring at his rough skin in the mirror. Wishing he wasn't a ghoul, maybe then Nora would find him attractive.

Hi, h-

Suddenly the recording stopped Hancock assumed she finally fell back asleep but he was up for the day he grabbed his red coat slipping it on he walked outside lighting up a cigarette the people of Sanctuary Hills were still fast asleep. He liked the peace and quiet here it was nothing like GoodNeighbor. He walked down to the bridge, climbing up the stairs to the guard post. Making sure no idiot decides to shoot up the place.

"Morning Hancock." Preston Garvey greeted him, climbing up the stairs two of the second guard post scooping out the area, "Nora still asleep?"

"Mmhmm."

Hancock was never short with Preston. The two have really interesting conversations when they're on watch. Hancock was in his head bad this morning. Half of him wanted to talk to Preston, and the other just wanted to deal with it himself.

"What's wrong, buddy?" Preston asked. He knew something was going on, "Is it the tape again?" Still not wanting to talk he nodded.

"What about your letter? Did you ever give it to her?"

Hancock snorted, "No, it doesn't matter she's not over her husband. I'm not going to make a fool of myself."

Preston kept his opinions to himself, letting Hancock be.

A few hours pass when Preston notices movement by the statue on the end of the bridge.

"What is that?" Preston questions walking down the steps to cross the bridge. Hancock pulled out his gun, ready for some action. The two were met halfway by a man they've never seen before. He was dressed in white. They both noticed the Institute symbol on his shirt.

"Who are you?" Preston asked. Hancock raised his gun, making the man stop in his tracks.

"I'm looking for my wife Nora. Isn't she here?" The man didn't understand the hostility. He just wanted his wife. That's the only thing that mattered to him.

Hancock recognized the voice immediately he's been listening to it for a month now, "Nate?"

Preston glanced at Hancock

"Yes, that's my name. Where's Nora?" Nate was getting frustrated at this point.

"You're supposed to be dead. Are you a synth now?" Hancock commented. His trigger finger wanted to let loose on him.

"What?" Nate was confused.

"Guys, what's going on?" Nora walked onto the bridge coming up behind Hancock and Preston. They never heard her coming. Hancock quickly lowered his gun, not wanting to upset her.

Nora squeezed between the two, looking at her husband. Her eyes widen in surprise.

"Nate!" She took off to him, throwing her arms around his neck in a big hug.

Hancock had half the mind to stop her, "Nora the Institute sent him. He can be dangerous." He warned.

"Dangerous?" Nate pulled her away to look at him, "I'm far from that. I would never hurt Nora or her friends."

Preston could see things ending badly if he didn't get Hancock out of there, "Go take a break. Struges will take your spot."

"Fucking fine by me." Hancock walked away not wanting to see the shit show anymore. He walked to the bar desperately needing a drink.

Cait looked up at the door watching Hancock come through. She served the bar these days she enjoyed her time hanging out with the drunks. He plopped down on a barstool.

"Whiskey. The best shit you got." Hanock ordered.

Cait quickly grabbed a glass and the hardest whiskey she got which was her brew. She slid the glass to him.

"Rough day?" She cared a lot about Hancock. Even caught herself lingering a time or two.

"You could say that." He mumbled taking a sip, "Got any jet?"

She looked under the bar, "Nope sorry. Last customer bought me out."

He slammed his hand on the bar, "Fuck me."

"If you want." She winked at him picking up a glass to dry it with a hand towel.

He smirked at her, "You couldn't handle me."

She sat down the glass then leaned over the bar getting close to him, "More like you couldn't handle an Irish girl."

The chain of events going on is crazy to Hancock right now. The thought of burying himself deep inside Cait seemed pleasant but he must go see what's going on with Nora and Nate but at the same time who cares?

Hancock stood leaving a hefty tip for Cait, "Maybe next time suga tits." He winked at her leaving the bar. The one glass wasn't enough to get him drunk hardly was enough for his nerves. What he needed was Jet he didn't care if she would be mad about it.

Hancock spotted Preston nearby he walked over to him, "Where's Nora?"

"They left together. I don't know where."

"How can this happen? I wish the damn Institute would blow the hell up already." Hancock huffed shoving his hands in his pockets then kicking a rock with his boot.

Preston patted him on the back, "Yeah I know."

"I'm leaving and I'm never coming back." With that being said Hanock walked into the house he shared with Nora packed everything he needed and left the house. Preston wanted to stop him but didn't dare to. Everyone in the settlement watched Hancock go. He walked across the bridge running into Nora and her husband.

Hanock blinked away tears he didn't know he had. She was beaming the light finally came back to her.

"You're leaving?" She asked.

Hanock ignored her question as he walked up to her. Nate was tense, not sure what the Ghoul would do.

He gently grabbed her face hands on each side of her cheeks and pulled her in for a kiss. He wasn't thinking about anything anymore. His body took control and if she wanted to refuse him he would let her but she didn't. She froze with the kiss.

He stopped everything at once. Just as quickly as it happened it ended just like that.

"I'll always love you, Nora." With those being the last words he spoke he walked away. He heard her call out to him and he was waiting for her to stop him but someone else was stopping her.

Hancock wasn't sure what was in store for him but he knew anything was better than that shit show.