Chapter 1 - Daydreamer

He's Mine

Chapter 1- Daydreamer

Harmony slammed her hand down on her alarm clock, immediately ceasing the electronic beeping that had woke her. She threw the covers from her and stretched her arms above her head, letting out a huge yawn that could wake the neighbour's cat. She felt as each of her muscles started to flex, waking up.

With a smile on her face, she grabbed a towel and rushed in the bathroom. She was quick to step under the cold water, shivering until it gradually warmed. She soaked in the water till her half-asleep muscles were fully alert and she washed away all feelings of grime or dirt on her body. She used her favourite strawberry shampoo and conditioner on her hair, breathing in the fruity smell with content.

When she hopped out of the shower, she called downstairs to her mother, Claire, "Good morning!"

"Morning, dear!" She called back, before continuing to hum along to a song on the radio.

Harmony disappeared into her room for fifteen minutes only to appear once more fully dressed. She wore her uniform; black tight trousers, a white blouse, a navy jumper with the school's emblem and a silver and navy tie dropped round her neck, so low it disappeared within her jumper. Two of her buttons were undone, so her silver H necklace was proudly on show, something she'd received from her father the year before. Her glossy, dark brown hair was tied up high in a pony tail, swishing down her back while her chocolate brown eyes were lined with thin black eyeliner and mascara. She wore no foundation, finished off with an almost natural pink lipstick.

She took a deep, slow breath, her mouth watering as the scent of cooked bacon filled her nose. She skipped downstairs, her stomach growling for attention as she neared the delicious smell.

"It smells scrumptious," She complimented, taking a seat at the breakfast bar.

"Just in time Harmony, get your sandwich ready."

She jumped up excitedly; taking the plate off the side that had two slices of bread and added a thin layer of tomato sauce before holding out her plate for her mother to add the bacon. She cut it in half with speed, rushing to take a big bite, moaning with delight at the luscious taste.

"You always make it perfectly," She mumbled, mouth full of food.

"Don't talk with your mouth full," Claire scolded, but Harmony knew it was light-hearted when she chuckled after. "You seem cheery for your first day back at school."

"You seem cheery in general," Harmony accused, after swallowing her bite.

For a moment, she thought she saw her mother blush at the comment, but after blinking and looking again, she shrugged it off as a trick of the eyes.

"Just had a good summer, I missed you while you were away though."

Harmony smiled at her mother, "I missed you too. It was nice to spend time with dad though..." Her thoughts trailed off, not thinking of her dad, but rather the blue eyed, dreamy boy she'd spent her first two weeks of her holiday with.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. So are you excited for school?" Claire enquired, sitting opposite her with her own sandwich in hand.

"Well, I'm more excited to see Katie. I can't believe it's been three weeks!"

Claire chuckled in reply, and shook her head. "I know what you mean; you guys are usually joint at the hip. It must be strange not to have seen her for so long."

Harmony and Katie had been best friends since they were just three years old. Their mother's were old friends through college, and then they were reunited through their children becoming friends at school. Due to their parents rekindling friendship, their own began to grow.