Chapter 15 - Cookie dough

He's Mine

Chapter 15 – Cookie dough

Almost two weeks after the argument between mother and daughter, Harmony was heading to school earlier than usual. The reason for her early start was because the walk from her father's apartment to school was an extra twenty minutes.

She still hadn't faced her mother yet. She knew how stupid she was being, she should talk to her about it all. Only the week before, when she'd gone over to try and talk to her, Darren had answered the door. It was her house, and a stranger was letting her in. This only angered her more and she stormed away before she had a chance to talk to her mother.

 Richard knew how stubborn she was being, her hot-head was something she had gotten from her mother but her stubbornness was from him. She wasn't ready to listen and, in a way, he suspected that it was hard for her to let her mother be happy when she's not happy herself.

"Hey Harmless," Blake greeted her, appearing besides her and startling her.

"Oh, hey Snowflake," She answered, brushing a hair from her face and smiling at him.

They were by the gate of the school and were heading in, Harmony glancing around. She had expected the usual scene, only this time there was something quite unusual.

Katie was sitting with Beth, Jordan and Elliot, all of which were comforting her in their own way; Elliot's being slightly more awkward than the others. Dylan and Connor were discussing something and Harmony walked over to them suspiciously.

"Do you think we should have a word with him?" Dylan asked Connor, who slowly nodded his head whilst thinking.

"Yeah, I mean he hurt her, she's our mate and he's got us to mess with."

"Guys, you don't need to have a word with him," Katie suddenly interrupted, appearing at their sides and startling them. "Its fine, you can't force him to like me."

"What's happened?" Harmony piped up as she came closer to the group, confused at all the worried expressions.

"Alex broke up with Katie," Beth said quietly, frowning at the group.

The words made Harmony freeze up as she glanced at her best friend. "What? What happened?"

Katie sighed heavily, "Look, it's not a big deal guys. We weren't even together really..."

Harmony took a hold of Katie's arm and dragged her slowly away from the group so they were in privacy. "Hey, want to talk about it?"

Katie looked up at her best friend and a small smile pulled at her lips, "Not here, I don't want to get too worked up or anything."

"We can do it later then, yeah? Sleepover at yours?"

This caused Katie to frown, "Are things still not okay with you and your mum?"

"That doesn't matter at the moment. Come on, let's go see the others."

Katie let her friend lead her over to the group, who were listening to Connor and Dylan's detailed accounts of a guy who messed with the two of them before. They went into detail about all the karate skills they 'whipped' out on him and how he was hospitalised for two weeks.

"That's a load of crap," Katie interrupted, "Excuse my French."

"What? No it's not!" Connor protested.

"What so the guys who are more scared of horror films than us girls beat up a 6 foot tall, twenty year old from a gang?" Beth asked sarcastically.

"Yes, that's exactly what happened!" Dylan replied.