Chapter 10 - Envying antics

He's Mine

Chapter 10 - Envying antics

The sun was starting to set as Harmony clambered into the car, darkness beginning to fall around them. Claire was dropping her at the cinema and she'd picked up Blake too.

He sat in the back, next to Harmony. The tension in the car grew; it was Friday night so almost a week had passed since the outburst in the restaurant. Things were edgy between Claire and Harmony, they barely spoke and Claire was awaiting an apology from her daughter; which wasn't likely to happen any time soon.

This wasn't helped with the week Harmony had at school. Ignoring Alex had become easier since he stopped putting in the effort to talk to her. This still seemed to hurt Harmony as much as she didn't want it to.

Harmony felt her stomach clench as the thoughts spun in her mind, she was thinking too much.

Suddenly Blake's hand rested on hers and she looked up to meet his eyes. He offered her a small smile and rubbed his thumb soothingly across her palm. "It'll be fine Harmony," He whispered, just loud enough for her to hear.

She nodded and dropped her gaze, selfishly soaking up the comfort that he gave her. It didn't completely rid her of her nauseous feeling, but it helped to lessen it.

As they arrived, Blake thanked Claire for the lift and Harmony mumbled a thank you. She looked at her daughter through the window and rolled it down.

"Don't be back too late," She said. Harmony nodded her head but didn't look at her, causing her mother to frown. She wasn't happy with how things were between the two of them, however Harmony didn't seem to see that she'd done something hurtful.

Knowing she wasn't going to get a verbal reply, she sighed heavily and rolled the window back up before pulling off the curb and leaving Blake and Harmony alone.

"Come on, let's go," Blake said, taking the lead and heading into the big building.

They went up the escalators and their group of friends were standing in a huddle while glancing up at the list of movies. Blake and Harmony joined the group, saying their greetings to each person.

"Come on Blake, you don't want to watch some cheesy romance story do you?" Dylan spoke, pleading with him. Connor was by his side nodding his head for him to agree and Blake chuckled.

"Of course I don't, but I don't think Harmony, Jordan, Beth or Katie want to see that action stuff you enjoy."

"What? Guns and car chases are the best parts of films!" Connor protested, wide eyed at the possibility that not everyone enjoyed them.

"Let's compromise," Jordan suggested, gaining everyone's attention. "How about a horror? Everybody loves a thrill and some scary stuff."

No one argued with that so they agreed on the latest thriller.

"Can I sit next to you, Alex?" Katie asked, batting her eyelashes at him.

"Um, yeah sure," Alex muttered, not knowing how to say no.

"Good, I get a bit scared though," Katie admitted shyly, "But I'll feel better knowing you can protect me."

Katie's obvious flirting was making Harmony feel queasy again, forcing her to look elsewhere. Blake wrapped an arm round her waist. Initially Harmony jumped, surprised because he didn't tend to comfort her in that way. Nevertheless Harmony felt soothed and leaned against him for support, feeling tired already.

Alex glanced up from Katie and saw the two, his blue eyes narrowing with envy. He hated the way he held her, wrapping his arms round her as if he owned her. He also hated the way she succumbed to him; he couldn't help but wish she'd listened to him, talked to Katie about it; but she clearly didn't think he was worth it.