Chapter 7 - Letting it out

He's Mine

Chapter 7 – Letting it out

"So what's on your mind?"

Harmony and Blake were sat on a bench in the park. It wasn't the same one where she'd laid with Alex; she made sure to avoid that one. The memory of it was so innocent and it lacked the confusion she felt now; it was almost impossible to believe that it was only three days before. How had things changed so much in such a short amount of time?

"If you've changed your mind, I don't mind waiting until you're comfortable enough to talk about it," Blake added, noticing that she was getting lost in her thoughts again. With her troubled expression, he easily noticed that it seemed to be a circling, internal fight; he'd had plenty himself to know that, from experience, it wasn't good to keep it all bottled up.

"No, I think I need to talk about it," Harmony finally said, glancing up into Blake's comforting grey eyes, "if that's okay?"

"I wouldn't offer if it wasn't okay," Blake replied, chuckling smoothly and causing a smile to lift at Harmony's lips.

"True," She responded, pausing so she could collect her thoughts. "Where to start?" She had muttered the question to herself, but Blake was quick to retort.

"The beginning is always the best," He quipped, smirking.

"Yes, the beginning. Well I guess, in that case, it starts about three weeks ago."

"While you were in Spain?" Harmony nodded in answer to his question, which led to; "Does it have anything to do with that dreamy look you had the other day?"

Harmony blushed as she remembered when Blake had caught her out that morning. She'd been so unaware then, not knowing it was that exact day that she'd miraculously bump into Alex.

"Yeah," She admitted bashfully.

"Trouble in paradise?" He questioned.

"I guess you could say that," Harmony sighed again, leaning against Blake. He subconsciously wrapped an arm round her shoulder and she relaxed in his hold. "Originally, we'd said that we wouldn't see each other again. He was English, but that didn't mean he'd live near me. We're both fifteen so it was obvious that a long distance relationship was out of the question."

"Yeah, that's wise," He agreed, "People always think that they'd make it work because somehow their relationship is more special."

"Exactly; it just wouldn't have been good." Harmony paused again, but Blake didn't rush her. "I didn't know he'd show up at our school though."

"He appeared at our school?" Blake asked, surprise evident in the tone of his voice. He whistled then. "Wow; that is some luck."

"Yeah I thought so too," Harmony laughed, remembering when she first laid eyes on him. "But then things got complicated on Saturday."

"What happened?" Blake enquired, his fingers unconsciously stroking Harmony's hair.

"Katie had a barbecue round hers; I was going to meet her new next door neighbour that she keeps talking about..."

"Ah," Blake spoke, the situation becoming clearer, "Alex is your holiday romance?"

Harmony found herself sighing again; she needed to stop doing that so much. "Yeah, I mean what are the chances? If I didn't go to Wales after Spain, I would have maybe met him sooner - or even told her about him. But you know how Katie is; she seems to really like him."

"Well what are you going to do about it?"

"What can I do? I can't hurt Katie...she likes him. I've been avoiding him as much as possible, it's just hard. After those two weeks of being with him, we really got to know each other. I'm so confused about everything."

She buried her head in his chest, finding comfort in his warmth. She found herself playing with the hem of his shirt.

"You should talk to her. You know how she is; a boy won't last long in her books anyway. If you just explain it she'd probably step back for you; you have known him longer, even if you did only meet him three weeks ago."

Harmony sighed. "I can't do that," She whispered, "I'm so scared of hurting her. What if Alex is different? What if she likes him more than she liked the other boys?"

"You won't know till you talk to her," Blake pointed out, resting his hand on her back. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"I could hurt her," She stated, the answer obvious in her mind, "I really don't want to hurt her."

"Well by not saying anything, you're clearly just hurting yourself. Plus, by the look on his face; you're hurting Alex too."

"I don't care about whether I'm hurt though...and well he could easily like Katie, what's not to like? She's pretty, confidence, funny, smart; much more outgoing than me anyway."

"You're just being silly now," Blake scolded, "Alex likes you doesn't he, not her?"

Harmony reluctantly nodded, "It doesn't mean Katie doesn't like him. We've only known each other for three weeks, and for one of those weeks we didn't even see each other. I mean, if we planned to never see each other again in the first place; it shouldn't be so hard to just forget about it now does it?"

Harmony didn't really believe her words and as she looked up at Blake he knew she didn't. Honestly, he thought she was being ridiculous by not putting her feelings first in any of this. He also knew that she wasn't going to cave; she was convincing herself that by pushing her thoughts away that she'll avoid hurting Katie.

Understanding that she wasn't ready to be convinced otherwise, Blake just nodded his head. "I'm not going to lie and say that your plan is perfect or the best scenario in any way...but if this is what you think will help, then I won't argue otherwise."

Harmony found herself smiling at him, "I do think it is. I just couldn't stand hurting her. She's been so supportive of me for so long, through my parents break up and everything else; I couldn't see her hurt and know I'd caused it."

"If you say so," Blake sighed again. "Come on."

Harmony looked at him in confusion. "What?"

"Get up," He commanded, smiling. Still puzzled, she pulled away from him as he said and he stood up and stretched. "Let's go get a drink."

"Oh, sound goods."

Harmony stood up and followed Blake out of the park. They went to her favourite cafe that was round the corner and he treated her to a cappuccino, even though at first she protested that he buy her anything.

"Hey, I'm treating you, no arguments."

With the determined look in his eye, Harmony let go of the subject and allowed him to buy her one. They settled at a table close to the window and Harmony wrapped her hands round the warm mug. The sun was out today but the significant breeze didn't make it particularly warm so the drink wasn't completely out of place.

"Thank you," She finally said and Blake looked up at her. Her eyes were a soft brown and he could see the sincerity of her gratitude.

"Hey, anytime; I'm a brilliant listener."

"Yeah, I never would have guessed though."

"Just remember my previous warning," He cautioned seriously, causing Harmony to raise an eyebrow in question. "Don't tell anyone; I don't want to lose my reputation."

Harmony laughed at his request, feeling lighter now that someone knew what she was struggling with. "Of course, wouldn't want to ruin your tough guy look."

"Definitely not." He smirked at her and took a sip from his own drink and she smiled kindly back, enjoying the comfort he gave her.

A/N: Originally I was going to put this on the end of the last chapter, but then I changed my mind and decided to make a chapter just for Blake and Harmony. I find their friendship cute. Let me know what you think!