Chapter 22 - Fireworks

He's Mine

Chapter 22 – Fireworks

It was already dark when Harmony arrived at the park. People were crowding the entrance, everyone rushing to pay for their tickets and trying not to lose the people they were with. She looked at Katie who had already spotted Jason who was waiting for her outside. Their other friends were already inside, and Harmony didn’t want to impose on the pair’s conversation.

So she headed towards the entrance, pulling her coat tightly round her body. The cold air was chilly, causing her to shiver and wish she’d brought some gloves with her. She pulled out her phone to check the time, discovering that the fireworks were due to go off within the next ten minutes. She hoped she was able to pay and find the others before they started. With the look of the queue, she very much doubted it.

Sighing with defeat she slowly joined the line, her thoughts drifting to Alex and Katie. She was remembering their talk on Sunday. Being on talking terms, really talking terms with Katie felt good, she missed all the advice her friend had, and it was good advice. No one really knew her better than Katie. She was still thinking it all through, wondering whether she’d be able to ignore her worried mind and just give into her feelings.

***

“Have you seen Harmony?”

Alex looked up from the ground to Blake who was standing near them. “No, I haven’t,” He answered, sighing heavily. Things had been tense back at school. Harmony was barely there, constantly deep in thought. What was on her mind? Katie had been acting strange too. She kept giving him sly glances whenever she thought he couldn’t see her, but he did, and it just confused him further. He felt like something was going on.

“I hope they’re here soon, the fireworks will be starting!” Jordan exclaimed, linking her arm through Elliot’s and resting her head on his shoulder. Even in the dark, Alex could still see the blush on Elliot’s cheek; poor boy wasn’t experienced with girls at all.

“Yeah…”

The conversation didn’t go much further when a man’s voice sounded on the speakers, echoing across the filled park. He said there was ten seconds till the display started. Alex felt his heart drop. He wanted Harmony to be here with him…he’d hoped she’d changed her mind about the two of them. From the looks of Katie and Jason, she was perfectly happy. So what stopped her?

People starting to count, the noise almost drowning his thoughts.

10…9….

He missed her, how warm she felt in his arms.

 8…7…

Excitement was bubbling around him, everyone joining in, ready for the display.

6…5…

He didn’t feel like joining in, not without her.

4…3…

He felt strange standing alone, everyone else seemed to be in couples.

2…1…

Suddenly two small hands covered his eyes, and his body tingled as a small body wrapped itself round his back. A warm breath tickled his ear as she stood on her tiptoes. “I’m sorry,” She whispered.

He spun around instantly, unable to keep the smile off his face at seeing her standing before him. Harmony didn’t give him time to talk as she knotted her fingers through his hair and pulled his face to hers, her lips covering his. He reacted instantly as he pulled her body to his, sparks flying between them as the fireworks starting going off around them.

They pulled apart, breaths mingling together as he stared into her chocolate eyes. They were such a beautiful shade, mesmerising.

“I’m sorry,” Harmony said, her voice almost becoming drowned out in the noise from the fireworks. Alex didn’t want to glance up at the sky, not when he could gaze at her instead.

“Stop apologising,” He scolded, leaning forwards to close the distance between them.

A/N: Okay, this is the end. Those who stuck with the story for so long, thank you, it means a lot and all. I'm not particularly that happy with it, at all. I liked the idea at the beginning...but since then I've just thought of so many other ideas, this one really got pushed down in my mind. I just wanted it out of the way really.

For those that do like it, I'm glad you do and it means a lot to me. On the other hand, I do hope to post more stories with perhaps more meaningful plots. This is the first story I've ever completed, so in that respect I am really proud of myself!

I know it's quite rushed really, but I knew what I wanted to happen and it just really needed to so I could get it off my mind and focus on other things. I hope it you're reading this then you'll stick around and wait for my other stories, which I hope will improve even more as I go.

Thank you for reading!

anhonestmistake xox