Chapter 11 - Awkward Truths

He's Mine

Chapter 11 – Awkward truths

"What happened to Harmony and Blake?" Beth asked, looking round with confusion.

Katie pulled away from the kiss and smiled shyly at Alex. He didn't pay attention to her as he had heard Beth's question and instantly felt guilty. As soon as the feeling hit him he pushed it away, it wasn't as if she hadn't been flaunting Blake and herself in front of him the whole night.

"We should probably find them," Connor spoke up.

"Where should we look first though?" Dylan questioned.

"Well they can't have gotten far, how did no one see them leave?"

"I think we were a bit caught up with the surprising kiss and all," Beth said, winking at Katie and making her blush.

Alex didn't respond, instead he was thinking about Harmony. "Let's find them."

They all walked out of the cinema and down the street.

"Maybe they went to the park?" Jordan suggested, seeing the gates of it in the distance.

"Good place to start looking," Katie said, "Harmony does like lying in the park and looking up at the stars."

Alex silently agreed, remembering when she made him lay down when it was dark on the grass near their hotel in Spain. She adored looking up at the stars, wishing she had someone to teach her the names of all the constellations.

***

Meanwhile Harmony pulled away from Blake's embrace, looking up at him. He was illuminated by only the moon, leaving shadows on his face. Despite the dim lighting, she suddenly realised how good-looking he was. Her mind immediately compared him to Alex, which made her shake her head with frustration. She didn't want to think about him at that moment.

Instead she focused on Blake. His silvery eyes seemed to sparkle like the stars, convenient since his hair was midnight black; the same as the night sky. She slowly leaned towards him and brushed her lips on his. She went to lean in closer when he gently pushed her away.

"I'm so sorry!" She spluttered, her cheeks colouring a deep shade of pink from the embarrassment. "I don't even know why-I mean it's just-I-well-you were just-we can't-"

Before he responded to her gibberish she jumped up and ran out of the park. She was shocked to see all her friends at the entrance, staring at her wide eyed. This just made her more jumpy and she ran down the street, pulling out her phone as she went. She heard her name being called but refused to acknowledge it, her embarrassment getting the better of her.

"Dad, can you please pick me up?"

Her father lived closer than her mother, plus she wasn't on the best terms with Claire so it was her first thought.

"Yes of course darling, where are you?"

"At the cinema, please hurry."

"I'm on my way."

He hung up and she found a random bench that was round the corner from the cinema so no one could see her. She texted her father where she was seated and waited patiently, hanging her head in her hands. She couldn't understand why she'd tried that, and he clearly didn't want to kiss her. She couldn't have been more humiliated.

***

"What did you do to her?" Katie asked, narrowing her blue eyes at Blake. He had walked over to them, confused as to what had just happened.

"I didn't do anything," He snapped, but his eyes met Alex's in a glare.

Alex looked worried but also angry. It was clear he'd witness everything, though from a distance it looked more intense. Harmony had kissed him, that fact made his blood boil.