Chapter 3 - Rocky road ice cream

He's Mine

Chapter 3 – Rocky road ice cream

"Harmony?"

Alex waved his hands in front of Harmony's dazed eyes, catching her attention. Her chocolate eyes met his deep blue ones. For a moment, all else faded away, they just stared, each of them soaking up the other's presence.

"You need to stop zoning out on me," Alex joked, being the first to break the comfortable silence. He laughed, and Harmony swooned at the sound of the deep rumble in his chest.

"Sorry," She apologised, "It's just...it's hard to wrap my head around everything. I mean, how did you get here?"

"I've already said this story. Look, don't think too hard about the chances of this happening; just...enjoy the fact that it did."

Harmony agreed that he was right, and led him to a park bench that was mostly hidden by bushes, giving them a little more privacy.

She sat down and snuggled into his side while his arm wrapped round her waist; just like they did by the pool, or when they went for walks and sat down to bathe in the hot sun. It felt so perfect to her, like they were meant to be like this, and Harmony couldn't get the thought out of her mind that it must have been fate.

"To be honest, I don't know how this happened, but I couldn't be happier that it did." He admitted, resting his cheek on her head. "I mean, when you got on your plane...I wanted to shout, to call you back, get your number, address; anything so we could stay in contact. We didn't even swap last names so I could find you on social media. It just, it didn't feel like two weeks was enough; I wanted a chance to see you again."

Harmony didn't speak, but she had felt the exact same way. While she watched out of her window as the plane picked up speed, she'd realised her mistake of thinking it should only last for two weeks. For the next week and up until now, she couldn't get him out of her mind. "Well, you've got that chance."

She looked up at him and his blue eyes sparkled as he replied. "Yep, and I don't want to let it go."

He leaned forwards to peck her lips and her stomach burst into butterflies at the touch. When he pulled away, he nodded to himself and smiled, which earned him a raised eyebrow from Harmony in question.

"It still gives me the same effects," He answered her unspoken question, resting his forehead on hers.

"What effects?"

"Oh you know, butterflies, weak knees," He replied, shrugging.

Harmony's cheeks warmed. "I know exactly what you mean."

He kissed her softly again and then she rested her head on his lap with her feet up on the bench, looking up at the sky. On instinct, his fingers softly stroked through her hair, a soothing gesture he'd done so much before.

"How have you been then?" Harmony asked while still gazing at the clouds.

"Good, moving was a bit hectic though, but we've settled in now. What about you?"

"Yeah I've been good. I went to Wales with my dad last week to see some of my family."

"That sounds good; it may be why I haven't seen you since I've been here. We moved just when we were back from Spain." Alex mused.

"Do you like the town so far?" Harmony inquired.

"I haven't seen much of it really, mostly been decorating."

Harmony pushed herself up from the bench and held her hand out to Alex. "Perfect, I'll start showing you round then. First things first; you need to try the Rocky Road ice cream from Frank's."