Settled

Being Underestimated
is one of the biggest competitive advantages you can have

Las Vegas
Nevada, 1990
Torri Wright Pov

"Yes girl, it's been twelve wonderful years...

" I know, girl I'm just excited , I mean he moved us to Las Vegas girl. What more can I ask for ?"

" Girl don't be bougie and don't hate just cause dre still in Compton."

" Michel'e"

" Baby are you and Michel'e going to empty out the boxes with me or y'all just going to have your full blown conversation?"

" Excuse me Michel'e but SOMEBODY wants me to start working" I rolled my eyes saying my final goodbyes.

That's right, Eric and I finally moved to Vegas, something I been begging him for years to do.

" What you want?" I hissed my teeth in frustration with my hand at my hips.

He's such a cutie to look at but a hard headed guy to deal with.

" I want you to finish unpack these boxes over here for me" he cringe his nose up.

" And what about you?" I fold both my hands across my chest sucking my teeth.

" I'm going to unpack later but for now just get-

" Eric why you always do this?"

" Do What dear?"

" This, you always have me working for you then you dumbed me and go else where"

" You know that's a lie plus I'm working on something. You know that!"

" Always? I mean you don't spend time with me like you used when we just got married!"

" Look I ain't here for all them complains Torri, you acting like I ain't coming home to you"

" But I don't know what you doing E, for all I know you could be doing-

" Stop! Just stop it right there"

I vaguely held my tears watching him from the corner of my eyes. He slowly approached me removing his locs staring at my eyes while gripping my chin with his soft hand.

" look at me beautiful" he whispered.

Twelve years, barren, married and sometimes no hope and no trust. I summoned up everything as a blessing and a cursed at the same damn time.

Eric and I been trying to have children for the longest and it's not easygoing between us.

All the other members of his group already have children and doing what they all wanted to do from the beginning but Eric and I, clearly couldn't put this pain passed us?

Maybe God is just telling me it ain't my time, it maybe there's more to my struggles than to carrying his babies.

After ignoring him in my thoughts he slowly pulled my chin to his as our eyes lock together, and for the first time in a long time I felt secured and appreciated

" Can you just stay home?" My voice crack as tears streamed down my face even more.

" Babe-

I sighed right after he said that knowing his excuses that he always uses on me. Not sure how long I can take it but Eric seems to be just ok with our dying relationship