Discipline|3

The hips have never been enslaved
They go where they want to go
They do what they want to do
The hips are mighty hips.
The hips are magic hips

- Lucille Clifton

Oriella

When I get next to you baby (hey)
Ain't nobody gonna be there
But me and you, you, you, you

I can't wait baby
(Can't wait to be loved by you)
I've been working so hard and so long
(Can't wait to be loved by you)
I need to come home I do I do
(Can't wait to be loved by you)
I do

As the song plays from my stereo by the phenomenal woman by Jill Scott , I slowly tapped my pencil on my journal with feet up in the air rubbing and intertwining by my tiny toes gave me the ecstasy.

I couldn't stop thinking about him now that we do converse over the phone every day since he stopped by my work.

My head bobbed and fingers snapping to Music thinking of all the things he'd say to me late night.

How much he want me and need me in times when he's lost. In a world that's full of drama yet possibly there's hope when seeing me.

I flipped over on my back resting the book on my stomach smiling at myself staring at the ceiling though I know he's already married he makes me feel worth it.

Until my aunt had to ruined it

" Chile don't you hear me knocking? And what kind of demonic music you listening to?" She walk into my room turning the stereo off.

" Aunt G that's not demonic that's -

" I know that it is. That's love music. Now did you wash your clothes like I told you to?" She rest both arms at her side staring at me

The rage sometimes makes it hard for us to communicate but knowing her it always ended up by some harsh discipline

" I'm asking you a question. Now did you wash your clothes?" She walked up to me

I ponder in the moment wishing my mother was still alive, not much memory of her but aunt G explained that she's a hooker since thirteen and when she became pregnant with me at sixteen she was kicked out of her momma house and forcefully to live with Angie when she just married to some guy.

Ain't much to say after that cause after my mother had me she went back to the streets to do whatever, leaving me behind until her big sister decided to kick her out as well.

My mother don't really care after that cause she was already hook and knock over on crack so it was easy for her to walk away.

That's the last time I ever saw my mother standing by my Aunty's door as I wiggle back and forth on my uncle's lap crying.

" DO I NEED TO-

" No Aunty I'll do my chores now" hopped off my bed getting my hamper dragging it to the laundry era

I could hear my uncle listening to some sports that being played on the tv as my aunt stood by my room door watching me.