CHAPTER 3

Maggie walked into the busy precinct closer to noon with a smile and far-away look in her eyes. She had spent the morning learning the curves of Alex Danvers' body. She had kissed each scar, traced patterns over her back and found spots that made her giggle.

Her heart skipped a beat when she remembered shoving Alex against the shower wall. She was already hot and dripping when Alex wrapped one of her legs around Maggie's shoulders while her tongue stroked and sucked Alex into an earth-shattering orgasm.

Definitely a morning well spent.

"Hey Sawyer!"

She jerked back to reality.

"You're late Sawyer," said another Detective.

"What's your point Anderson?" she countered.

"The Cap is looking for you."

Shit. "Did he say why?"

He shrugged.

Maggie sighed. "Thanks man." She started walking to her Captain's office when her phone rang. It was the street contact she was supposed to meet that day of the rogue alien attack.

Shit.

She answered the call. "Ryan. I'm so sorry."

"What the fuck Sawyer? I took a big risk to meet and you left to deal with a fucking Burrower?"

"Ryan, I should have called you back and I'm sorry. I lost track of time. Where are you now?"

"Down the street from the station. Alley on the left. I don't have much time so hurry."

"Two minutes." Maggie hung up and hurried to meet him. On the way out she shouted to Detective Anderson, "Tell the Cap I'm following a lead on something and I'll be back."

She half ran down the street barely avoiding cars and pedestrians. She ducked into the alley and saw Ryan. At six feet tall and brown skinned, Ryan usually passed for human except for his yellow black eyes and blood-red streaks in his hair. Maggie was the only human who knew about the beautiful white pair of wings that grew from his back. Wings he carefully hid behind a thick black, jacket.

Even though he was obviously annoyed with her, she was happy to see him. "How are you Ryan?"

Ryan sneered. "A lot better if you had waited for me yesterday."

Maggie punched him lightly on his shoulder. "It's good to see you. And I'm here now. What's going on?"

He gave her a half smile while he looked around them to make sure they were completely alone. "So my friend works in this clinic down on the other side of the city. It's a free alien's only clinic for us to get checked out by healers."

Maggie frowned. "You mean doctors?"

Ryan shook his head impatiently and said, "Humans have doctors. We have healers. Anyway that's not the point. My friend said that lately when he's on the night shift, a male human comes and talks to his boss who gives him files and lab results."

"Ok..." Maggie said, not following his train of thought.

"The human is taking files about pregnant aliens, babies and kids."

"To do what?"

"That's why I called you!" Ryan freaked, "you're a human Detective. Go detect and find out why."

"I can't just do that. There are procedures I have to follow. I need evidence. I need something. For all I know the other guy is a doctor and he's helping."