CHAPTER 10

A/N: I'm sorry I forgot to add an author's note in the previous chapter about this chapter's delay. I'm back to work now and while I had hoped to complete and publish all the chapters while on vacation, it clearly did not work out. The good news is that the next chapter will be the final one. I'll be tying up all the loose ends in Chapter 11 and hopefully give readers the closure you all deserve. Thanks to everyone for liking my story and sticking with me. Thanks again for all the feedback, comments and kudos.

P.S. For those who are interested, I posted a one-shot called "The Other Alex Danvers." I had the idea while I was re-watching the Crisis on Earth X crossover with my husband. Enjoy!

NATIONAL CITY GENERAL HOSPITAL.

Kara breezed into Alex's room just in time for dinner. "Hi sis!"

Alex threw her hands into the air. "Finally! What, did you walk here?"

Kara placed the takeout bags and her purse on the visitor's cot. "Flew actually, and there was some aerial traffic because it's overcast."

Alex gave her a withering look. "Smart ass."

Kara laughed and hugged Alex. "How are you feeling? Oh your mummy head wrap is gone."

Alex touched her head. "Yeah. Earlier today. Now I've got this huge bandage at the back of my skull."

Kara craned her neck and saw a rectangular bandage strip down the middle of her head end at the back of her neck. "It's not that big. You do need to wash your hair though."

Alex twisted her face. "Yeah it feels grimy." She shuddered, "I need a proper shower but I can't get this cut wet for at least a week." She motioned to her belly.

"Don't worry about it. I'll help wash your hair when you're ready," Kara smiled mischievously at Alex, "or Maggie."

Alex blushed.

"You look a little better than yesterday," Kara studied her sister. The IV bag and heart monitors were gone but oxygen line was still nearby. Alex was still pale with dark blue circles under her eyes. The bruises on her face had cleared up considerably. Only a few smudges remained.

"That's because I slept all day and night yesterday," Alex replied, "I get tired fast."

Kara turned to unpack dinner. "Ok so I spoke to Dr Meredith about your food situation. She said that you can eat light food, whatever that means."

Alex gazed longingly at the takeout containers lined neatly in a row. The heavenly scent of Chinese made her mouth water.

"She said as long as you can stomach the food, you can eat it. If not, you can choose among a variety of flavours of jelly and juice for dinner."

Alex's stomach growled. She was famished but since she did not eat real food in days, she was concerned that her stomach might reject it.

Kara must have seen the expression on her face because she said, "Try one pot sticker."

Alex sighed. "Yeah I'll try one. But just in case, ask the nurse for grape jelly please."

Kara grinned. "If you want I'll eat the jelly too."

Alex scowled.

"Oh I almost forgot. I brought you some clothes from your apartment so you can change into something more comfortable."

"Thank you. These hospital gowns are itchy." She started to get off the bed but Kara stopped her.

"Wait for me. I'm gonna tell the nurse about the jelly and I'll be back. Dr Grey said you need help to change and stuff. Don't move."