Chapter 1

Clary PoV

"Clary! wake up, you'll be late for school!" I hear my mom call me and wake up. I quickly change in my normal outfit of jeans and an oversized grey shirt which is full of paint and try to tame my hair but fail miserly so i let it open. I run down stairs , get me an apple from the kitchen, kiss my mom and Luke goodbye and run outside to my old car that i got last year.I start to drive to the school and once there park my car next to the car from Simon and go to my locker. 

"Hey Fray" I hear and turn around to see my best friend, Simon grinning at me. " why the grin Lewis?"  "oh nothing..." he chuckled, ok now i was confused..."CLARY!!" someone yelled at me causing me to jump. "here it comes.."simon said smiling. "oh sry clare but have you heard?!" Izzy said excitedly jumping up and down. "eh what?" i said "next week is the school ball!" "yeah i'm not coming but have fun you two!" i said hoping that once in my life Izzy would allowed a 'no' as an answer but as usually I'm wrong..." oh no Clary you are coming!" "no Izzy please, I just be laughed at""not this time...this time it's an masquerade ball. No one will know it's you!" "yeah you should come clare it'll be fun" Simon said as he snakes an arm around Izzy's waist. I groan "fine" Izzy hugs me and squeaked and started talking about dresses and mask she will wear and what she will make me wear, while we walked to our first class together. I have no desire to go to that damn ball especially if it's a masquerade ball but on the other hand i get to see Jace in a suit...well maybe it will not be that bad. 

Time jump in Izzy's room before the Ball

"your almost finished just the mascara and then your perfect" Izzy said while she does my makeup."I don't think it will be perfect" I mumbled but Izzy shushed me "nonsense". A few moments later Izzy said "Ok NOW you are allowed to see yourself in the mirror" she grinned proudly and I turned to look at me in the full body mirror. I gasped.

"and?" Izzy questioned but I only could stare at my reflexion 'i can't believe that is me

"and?" Izzy questioned but I only could stare at my reflexion 'i can't believe that is me..i look like mom' i thought. "i look like my mom" "to much?"Izzy questioned "No! It's perfect thanks Izzy it's  truly perfect" i said smiling widely. "oh wait the mask!" she put the black lace mask. I don't recognized myself, i felt pretty. 

"come on Simon waits and we don't want to be late" she said pulling me out of the room and away from the mirror

"come on Simon waits and we don't want to be late" she said pulling me out of the room and away from the mirror. Simon stand at the bottom of the stairs in a black suit. I walk down the stairs first and he smiles at me but when he sees Isabelle he looks stunned. He walks over to her as soon as she is at the bottom of the stairs and kisses her and smiled at her widely "you look gorgeous Iz" he said lovingly. Izzy blushed "thank you". I felt as if i was the third wheel. Simon turns to me grinning "you look okay" he said sarcastic and i just laughed and shook my head.We got in his car and drove to the school. Once there Simon put his arm around Izzy's waist and we walk up to the gym where the ball is. I don't feel like myself and i don't know if it's because of the mask and the outfit or that nobody except Izzy and Simon knows that it was me "the Artfreak" in the beautiful green dress and black mask. But i felt great and I was gonna enjoy myself tonight without being Clary the loser for the first time in 17 years.