Chapter 2

Clary PoV  half an hour later

I must say it started great. When we three opened the door everyone looked at us and almost every guy stared. First i thought they would surely stare at Izzy because they always do but then i  noticed they stared at ME! ha if they knew who i was i thought chuckling. But once the moment was over everyone went back to talking and dancing. Izzy tracked Simon to the dance floor so i was left alone great i thought darkly. So here i am sitting at a table doodling on a napkin, alone as always. Suddenly i heard a throat getting cleared behind me, clearly trying to get my attention, so i look up and was met with the most beautiful golden eyes that haunt my dreams every night. 

Jace PoV

I talked to Sebastian, one of my teammates, because Alec and Magnus snucked out to make out somewhere, when the doors opened to reveal the most beautiful redhead i have ever seen. She wore a green dress and a black mask and her red curly hair was half way up and half way down just how i like it. She entered with Izzy and her so called boyfriend Simon. I also noticed all the other guys staring at her especially Sebastian, but not like i look at her but like she was some kind of meat. I almost instantly felt protective over this girl even if i don't know her. That alone was strange but what shocked me the most was the fact i called her beautiful, i never called someone beautiful before but something different doesn't felt  worthy her beauty. I watched as she looks lost as she watches Izzy track her boyfriend to the dance floor. 

She walks to an empty table and sits down and started to look for something in her little bag she had with her. I was brought back to reality by Sebastian as he started to whistle. " man that girl is hot, i wouldn't say no to her" he chuckled " ah who am i kidding i wouldn't say no to any girl" he smirks at me. I can't say anything as i totally agree with him but couldn't get rid of that strange feeling in my stomach i never felt before...To show Sebastian i heard him and agree i just nod and continue our conversation over football, but all i could see was the redhead at the table where she was now drawing on a napkin. Once Sebastian was gone i built up all my courage to walk over to her, which was weird as i normally never felt this way before for a girl. Once i was behind her, I breath in and out to calm down and cleared my throat to get her attention. When she turned around i was in daze. She had the most beautiful and memorable green eyes in which i could get lost forever. 

Clary PoV

Jace! oh god he looks so hot in his all black suit in contrast to his golden locks. He smiles at me and i blushed oh god . I shake myself internally and said, trying not so stutter like a love stuck person i am, "hey " hey ? really Clary HEY? great 'first' impression.

"hey"he said smiling warmly at me and i try not to faint. "care if i sit?" "of course not " i said blushing and smiling.

"So Jace Lightwood what brought me the honor of your presence if you could be with your teammates?" i said trying to come out of my comfort zone and be more like the me when i am with Simon and not with Jace freaking Lightwood. He grinned and answered " well i must say my teammate are fun to hang out with but if i have the chance to talk to a pretty girl like you why not?" I instantly blushed and a small smile formed on my mouth. " t-thank you" i got out. He smirked " so as i heard you know who i am but the question is who are you?" his golden eyes  burned in my green ones.

I decide not to tell him who i as because once he would find out who i was he would laugh and walk away and then laugh with his friends at me...yup i will not tell him and to that i hopefully make myself more interesting and mystical so that i will maybe stand out to him in comparison to all the other girls he hooked up with, not that i would hock up with him or that he even would want to be with me, especially if he knew the imposter hiding behind this mask and playing dress up. "i don't know if i want to tell you" he looked shocked "but doesn't make it me look way more mysterious? 'the redhead with the green dress and the black mask' what do you think Jace?" i said leaning in a bit. He looked at me first shocked but then the sexy smirk reappeared. "yes it does" I smiled at him.