Chapter 3

Clary PoV Monday after the ball

I woke up to the sound of my alarm with a smile on my face. I never felt this happy before, i still can't believe i kissed Jace Lightwood.It was so much more than i imagined it would be...Oh shit school...I quickly pull on some blue Jeans and a big oversized grey shirt and pull my hair in a messy bun, and run downstairs. "good morning Sweetheart" said my mom. "good morning" i said happily."well guessing by that smiley face it is because of a certain boy..." "maybe..." i said grinning love-stuck.

"what boy?" Luke said.  "oh just the boy Clary had a crush on for over years who she kissed last night" my mom said "oh I happy for you Clare but still he must get my permission to date my only daughter" Luke said. 

Then it drew on me...he doesn't know it was me in the green dress, in school it will be just like always. My smile almost instantly vanished but i quickly replaced it with a fake one. I said my goodbyes and made my way to my car. I'm so stupid...at the ball the whole mystery identity thing sounded so good but now? my dream came true and my prince charming doesn't even know who his Cinderella was...brilliant Clary. I parked my car and went to my locker to get my books for my first period. 

Izzy and Simon soon joined me at my locker and we talked about the ball. Izzy and Simon both felt sorry for Clary and Izzy hoped her brother would see Clary, but had to swear to not tell him.

" why Clary, why can't i tell him it would be so much easier". "Izzy maybe its not so obvious for you but him and I are totally different, I'm the loser and he is popular what do you think he would do when he find out I am the girl? and really he properly already forgot about me"I said trying to not show my sadness and sorrow. 

"you know the whole weekend he couldn't stop talking about that mystery beauty form the ball" Izzy said while grinning "really?" i said while a real hopeful smile came across my face."Yup" "but still you Can't tell him..he would be disappointed it was me and not some other girl" i said while smiling sadly.

At lunch I saw Jace hand out papers while people entered the cafeteria. I frowned and sat at my usual table where Izzy and Simon are waiting for me." what is Jace doing?" I asked the two. They just grinning and handed me a paper. I was a picture of my drawing from the ball and above it it said 'WHO DRAW THIS?" and underneath it was a phone number. I gasped.

"You see Clare he wants to find you, He didn't forget it" Izzy said while smiling. I can't believe it Jace Lightwood is searching the girl in the green dress, so me..."so are you gonna call him or what Fray?" Simon said. "No, he wants this mysterious girl from the ball and not me the shy clumsy Clary" i answered. "i don't understand you Clary but its your decision" Izzy  said and then turned to simon to talk to him. I looked up to see Jace looking at the Picture and frowning. I'm sorry Jace