Chapter 6

Jace's PoV

Clary and Red are the same girl. I can't believe it. It feels like a whole weight is lifted of my shoulders. I never told anyone this but I had some kind of an crush on Clary Fray way before the whole Cinderella thing happened. I never officially met her till recently but I have noticed her, seen her.

She was the shy mystery girl for me. Everyone thought of her as weird as she had except of one no other friends and only drew all the time. The Art freak. But not for me. My little crush began when she was in middle school, right before I left for high school. 

She intrigued me from the beginning on with her red hair and emerald green eyes. She was always drawing, escaping to another world in her art, ignoring everything around her, blending it out. Others would say she fell in the background with her, sitting in the corner but to me all the rest were the background and she stood out, Clary Fray. I never thought of acting on my feelings, as I was confused, as would every boy in that age. It was my very own little secret. My Clary Fray.

But then high school came and I didn't saw her again till next school year for her freshman year. I quickly and automatically became popular with my looks and football talent. I never told them about Clary , it was my secret. When sophomore year began for me and Clary finally began high school, my friends and all the other popular kids began to make fun of Clary for her uniqueness. 

Afraid of being left alone and mocked I joined them in making fun of her, if only in the background but still it was no excuse. I was stupid. In the time I tried to ignore her, forget her, i discovered girls and used them to get Clary out of my mind. It worked.

 I always in the following years saw her with Simon, who I was firstly pretty jealous of, if only in the background. She became known to me as the friend of Simon, the boyfriend of my sister. I buried the crush on her deep inside but now I know that those feelings were never truly forgotten. They have now come back to my mind even before it was known to me that Clary was Red. Only now they are much stronger. I have seen a new side of Clary that evening on the ball, a new perspective on the mystery of the redheaded girl. I loved all about her, her shyness, her boldness, her wittiness...everything.

Now I know that she is Red but Clary doesn't know that I know.

Clary's PoV

I have searched everywhere, after waking up on the next morning, but I couldn't find my sketchbook anywhere...i must have forgotten it at Izzys place when I have rushed out of the house. I quickly texted Iz to bring me the sketchbook on Monday in school. So that is set I thought as I let myself fall down on my bed feeling relieved that my book was save. 

I still thought about yesterday with Jace. Well nothing new, thinking about Jace. But now I was thinking about the 'moment' the two of us had shared, I told myself it was my teenager mind and the huge crush that let myself believe for just a moment that Jace felt the same spark that night, for me not Red. But that was ridiculous, that was Jace lightwood and he liked or I assume he likes Red, Cinderella. Not me , clumsy and loser Clary Fray. With a sad sigh I took my second sketchbook and began a new drawing of Jace. As if I hadn't had enough.

On Monday morning I parked my car on the same spot as always, next to Simon's car. I walked like normal to my locker and as usual automatically looked around trying to find a certain blonde amongst the popular kids group that always met up at the same spot every morning. Not seeing him, I sighed and turned to my locker getting my math book for first period. 

I got startled by a male voice behind me. " Clary?" Jace said making me turn around on spot looking up at those golden eyes. oh god

" y-yes Jace?" I said trying to stop my stutter. He smiled and got something out of his bag. The second I saw a glimpse of what he had in there, my heart stopped beating and cold sweat broke out. " I believe you forgot this at my home on Friday " Jace said looking in my eyes with a smile in them. I let out a breath of relief internally. He didn't look inside and knew who I was. oh thank god. but then...."Red" he finished with a smile on his face.

He knew.

The world around me slowed down as I looked at his smiling face. I looked around and saw all his friends are laughing, I could hear the whispering go around the halls of the school. He knew that I was Red and now he was making fun of it with his friends. 

I finally brought back my eyes to Jaces. My heart beat stopped. My nightmare came true. I could see that Jace began to speak again with a smile on his face. But I couldn't hear any of it, I just looked him in the eyes seeing the joy in them. He was enjoying it. It brought tears to my eyes. Before I let him see how much it was affecting me, I turned around and fled, ignoring the calls of Jace. I ran . Away from the whispers. Away of the school. Away from Jace.

When I was half way home , the tears finally came. I couldn't stop them.

I knew that this would happen, he was Jace lightwood and I was Clary boring Fray. A loser.

But this didn't make it hurt less.

far from it.

-------------------------------