Chapter 3 - New Friend

[HRVY: Personal.]

Thea

This morning I woke up two hours early because I didn't want to be late for the second time. It's only 6:00 in the morning. I smile at myself because I have plenty of time to get ready and have my breakfast in peace. I take a shower, and it's freaking cold. Gosh, I turn on the cold water, no wonder. The worst part is that I only realise that when I have already finished the shower. Good job, Thea...

I shiver so bad when I'm out of the bathroom. I quickly find the clothes and wear them. I wear my undergarments, and then I take my white jeans and pair them with my green blouse. You know, my clothes are still in my luggage because I'm just too lazy to unpack. Maybe later I'll unpack after work... Or maybe not. I walk to my vanity table and do my hair. My hair is dull and boring because it's just straight and long. So I decided to make it wavy. It takes like 15 minutes, and also for my face, I put on some foundation, concealer, mascara, eyeshadow, blusher, and other things, but not too much, just a light one. I don't like to have heavy makeup on my face because I feel quite uncomfortable, and if I did, I might look like a clown. Oh no, no...

After I'm done with my appearance, I look at the time, and yep, I still have like one hour and fifteen minutes.

There's nothing to eat in this house because I haven't bought any groceries yet. I take my handbag and lock my house before heading to the lift. I wait a few seconds before the door opens, and I get in. "Hey, you must be working at J.S. Company too, right?" The guy who is in the same lift as mine talks to me, and I just smile and nod my head. Awkward.

He has a really good look. I think he must have lots of women's crushes on the company. He's the type that all women want. Dirty blond hair, brown eyes, and tall. Probably 6' or something, while I'm just like 5'7. I feel so short when I stand next to him. Just when I'm zoning out, I feel something poke my shoulder, and I'm back to reality. "The door is already open." He said that, and I quickly walked out and did not look back. "Hey wait!" I hear him call me, but I just let it be, and then he already walks beside me.

"Do you need anything from me?" I ask, and I am still walking.

"I want to befriend you. It's not wrong, right, and I know you don't have a friend yet because you're new here?" He replies to me. I walk until I arrive at the cafe, and I just realised that he follows me until I get here.

Ummm, I think I'm good on my own," I said, and I got into the cafe and sat at the empty table near the window.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself; I'm Parrish Nelson. And you?" I sighed and looked at him. Well, He seems kind; maybe we can be friends. I don't have anyone here, so hmmm.

"Thea Morris."

"Nice name, by the way. So what's your position in that company?"

"I'm an interior designer. You?"

"I'm an accountant, and yeah, I've been working for that company for 5 years." I nod my head.

"And I just realised that you were so fluent in speaking English. Where are you from?" I ask.

"California. And I just got changed here. That's why. Also, I didn't have many friends here. Just a few, but they're just like a colleague. Only talk to them about work." I nodded my head.

"Oh yeah, how do you know if I'm new here?" I ask.

"Because I never see you? So I assume you're new." He smiles, and boy, that makes me melt.

It's turned out to be so fun to talk to him. We eat our breakfast and talk about everything. I like talking to him. He just talks to me like we've known each other for a long time. not as awkward as I thought, which is good. And I also know that he's actually gay. I'm shocked in the first place because why does someone that handsome and hot like him have to be gay? Like, what? But at least he's cool. After we finished our breakfast, we walked together to the company.

"It's really nice to get to know you, Thea. So, meet you for lunch?"

"Sure." With that, he walks out to his floor, and I make my way to mine. I greeted the receptionist as soon as I got out of the lift, and I got the most beautiful reply ever. She didn't even seem to notice me. Wow. I roll my eyes and walk quickly to my room. I have like 20 minutes before 8 in the morning. So, I just play with my phone until it's 8 o'clock. Well, I'm not the one who will do my job even though I'm early. So let's play subway surf. The game that makes me stressed is a fun game, by the way, no offence.

Just when I'm nearly breaking my own record, Mr. Gerald opens my door, and that shocks me and makes me drop my phone. Shit. "Ms. Morris, just want you to know that Mr. Sanchez will arrive tomorrow so I hope you already finished your sketches or whatever it is." He said.

"Oh, yeah, I already finished it, but only like three of them." That's okay, right?"

"I guess it's fine. So I will be in my office if you want to ask anything about the project." I smiled at him and plopped myself in my chair. Then the door opens again, and I once again stand up straight; it's Mr. Gerald again. "By the way, it's good to see that you're early today, Ms. Morris. Keep it like that." He smiles, and before I sit, I make sure that he is really gone. I pick up my phone from the floor and see that I'm already lost. I want to cry. It only needs a few points before I can beat my own record. Ughhhh. I put my phone aside and just started to do my work.

******

"Where do you want to eat?" Parrish asks me

"I don't know any good restaurants here. So you bring me." We walk to the restaurant, and it's not too far from the company. We walk in, and it is so pretty on the inside. I hope it's not too expensive. "Parrish, why are you bringing me to this restaurant? It looks like the food is expensive. It is?" He chuckles.

"I usually come here to eat, and no, it's affordable for people like us. Only the place looks expensive, but the food is not that expensive, I can tell you that." Just then, the waiter comes and gives us the menu. I pick it up and look at the price. It is affordable. I take a breath of relief, then order orange juice and lasagna. Parrish orders him too, and then the waiter walks away.

"You just heard that our big boss is coming tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, and why does everyone look like they are scared of him? Because I saw everyone do their job with so much focus, like they wanted it to be perfect. He's not a monster after all." I said.

Yeah, he's not, but he's so arrogant and kind of a perfectionist. There was one day that he came here, and then he fired like twenty employees in one day just because they didn't do their job right." I nodded and took a sip of the orange juice that was just served by the waiter. Not long after that, our food is served. It looks so delicious, and I just immediately dug into my lasagna and put it in my mouth. It's so delicious!

"Oh, by the way, is Mr. Sanchez old?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"Used to, but not anymore." I raised my eyebrows in confusion. "It's his son who manages this company now, and they also changed the name to J.S. Company when he took over." I nodded and understood. We continue to eat.

__________________________________________________________________________________

How chapter 3?

Don't be shy; tell me how you feel about this chapter!

Vote

Comment

Share

*****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins