Bonus chapter

[Zedd, Grey, The Middle, ft. Marren Morris]

Joseph

This house is in total chaos now. Especially when these four children are playing plus these twins. Luckily, they play in the backyard. If all of them play in the house, our house will be a total wreck. I don't see a backyard; I see a mud field behind the house. "Babe, are you okay? You look like a mess. What's wrong?" Thea asked me while playing with Charlotte and Carl, who are in the baby carriage.

"Look at those messes." I replied and sighed. She chuckles.

"Babe, chill, will you? They're just kids who try to be happy with their lives. It's not wrong if they play like that. They're your boys after all." I look at her and at the kids.

"It looks like we have to buy a big field and put them there for the whole day. So that they can play together as long as they want. At least they're not making some mess in the house."

"Dad is nagging himself. Look at him." Thea was talking to Charlotte, and Carl didn't even look at me.

Fine, then I'll stay quiet." I lean my back and open my phone to see if I can do something fun, but before I could press the home button, Thea took my phone from my hands and put it a bit far from me. "Babe, give me my phone back."

"No phone when you're with family, Joseph." She said it in a serious way.

"Fine, babe. Don't have to be so fierce." I sigh and take a sip of my drink. I looked at the boys, who were playing by themselves happily, and turned to see Thea playing with the twins. I go and sit near the twins and join them too. At least they're not as hard to handle as the four boys over there.

****

After lunch

After lunch, we usually do our own thing. I sit in my office and do my work. That's a good thing I don't have too much work, so I'm done within a few minutes. I walk out of my office, and suddenly Dylan comes to me crying. Woah, why are you crying, boy?" I ask him and wipe his tears.

"Harry took my car!" He cried, and I sighed, knowing that the real problem was here. I don't know why they keep fighting over toys when I've already bought them for each of them. I really didn't understand that until now. I am glad that Alex wasn't involved in this matter. At least he's being a bit more mature than his brother. Of course he is because he's the oldest, nine years old.

"Dad!" I came back from zoning out.

"Oh yeah, let's go and get your car back." I hold his hand and walk to their playroom. The moment I open the door, I feel like I want to faint looking at the mess that they made. "Did the tornado fly around the room before I came here?" I ask, and Harry and Ethan look at me and shake their heads. "Harry, come here, you." I call him, and he walks to me. "Let me ask you something: did you take Dylan's car?" He shakes his head.

"No. I just borrowed it. I'm about to give it back." He said that, and I looked at them both.

"If that is so, say sorry to your brother for taking his car. Promise that next time you'll inform him first. Alright?" Harry nodded his head.

"I'm sorry." They hug and walk to continue playing. I smile and walk out of the room.

I walk downstairs to see what my wife has been doing. I searched for her and found her in the kitchen. I walk slowly and wrap my arms around her waist. She startled a bit and relaxed when she knew it was me. I kiss her head. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"I want to bake some Cookies. Chocolate chip cookies Sounds good, right?" She reply.

"Yeah. Need my help?"

Hmm, well, you can help me make the shape of the cookies." I let her go and washed my hands first.

"That's so easy, babe. I'm a professional." I said, Start doing it. Just when both of us were busy with the dough, I heard something like an argument between the boys. What's more this time?

"Mom, dad! Dylan broke my robot!" That voice is Harry.

"Dad! Alex, don't want to play with me!" Another voice is also Harry. "Alex! Play with me!" I heard a chuckle from Thea.

"Why are you chuckling?" I ask.

"Harry is so pampering." Also, he's so funny." She said this, shaking her head.

"Mom! Ethan, rip my drawing!" That's Alex.

"Help me, mom! Dad! A dinosaur wants to eat my manhood." Dylan said, and me and Thea burst into laughter. He's so funny.

"Mom! Ethan peed in his pants. Ew! It smelly!" Alex shouted from upstairs, and Thea washed her hands, then went upstairs to see what happened.

"Daddy, I peed in my pants." I look at my leg and see that Ethan is here, looking at me.

"Ethan, what are you doing here? I thought you were upstairs with Mommy. How did you get here?" I ask weirdly. I wash my hands and dry them before carrying Ethan upstairs to change his pants.

"How did-"

"Don't ask because I have no idea too." I said and give Ethan to Thea. I walk to the playroom and see Alex, Harry and Ethan are wiping the mess that Ethan did using..... the curtain!

"Boys, um, what are you doing?" I ask.

"We're cleaning the pee. Why daddy?" Dylan replied innocently. I sigh because I don't know what to say anymore.

"That's so good. I think that's enough. Let me do it." I said, Take the mop to wipe the floor. After I'm done, I look at three of them. "How did you get the curtain?"

"Curtain?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, the thing that three of you used to clean the mess."

"I thought that was a towel. So I just pulled it down." I pinch my nose. They're just kids, Joseph.

Well, it's fine. Now will you put the toys back in their places?" They nodded, and I walked out of the room and sighed. Having kids is fun, but it can also be exhausting like this. I know when Carl and Charlotte grow up, this house will be a messier place than this. I'm ready for it. As long as they are happy. That's all I need. I want to see my family grow up to be a big, happy family.

_____________________________________

Bonus chapter for you all. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Vote

Comment

Share

****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins