Chapter 6 - Two years later

[Camila Cabello, Never Be the Same]

Thea

It's been two years since I worked with this company, and everything just happened in a good way except for always getting yelled at by my boss. No wonder all the stuff seems to be scared of him. He has just been so freaking picky about the designs I make. I think for the past two years, he has only approved like ten of my designs. This is so hard when I imagine it, especially when I have a boss like Joseph Sanchez. I miss Alexa and the kids. I wish I could stay there and just be with them.

I'm now at the park because I just want to clear my mind from work a bit since today is Saturday. I sit on one of the benches there and look around. Most people here come with their partners. Sometimes, I envy people who are happy with their partner while I am still alone. There were a few guys who tried to ask me out, but I rejected them. All of them just look like real perverts. Maybe if they already sleep with me, they will leave me just like that. I don't want that. I can't stand another goodbye. I've said a lot of goodbyes. The worst goodbye I've ever had was the day that my parents died in a car crash. I don't even get a chance to say goodbye to them because I'm in a damn coma. When I woke up, I just got the news that my parents were gone.

Just like that.

I shake my head and remove all the things that are going to make me depressed or sad because, no matter what, I still have a life to live. I need to be strong. Alright, Thea, just put that aside and focus on your career," I said to myself. I take my phone and text Parrish. I think I need a friend to talk to now.

Thea: Hey! :)

Parrish: What's up?

Thea: Nothing; I just need someone to talk to.

Parrish: Awe, what's wrong? Did something happen?

Thea: Not really. It's just that I'm suddenly feeling lonely.:/

Parrish: I wish I could be with you there, but I still have to finish something important. Sorry. :(

Thea: Nah, it's fine. It seems like I am disturbing you right now.

Parrish:No, baby girl, you never bother me.

Thea: Nah, So I'll see you tomorrow, then. Bye.

Parrish: Well, okay, then, but don't do anything stupid, okay?

Thea: Haha, like what?

Parrish: Who knows? Hmm, anything could happen. Just be careful, okay?

Thea: alright.

Parrish: See you tomorrow...

I put my phone back in my pocket and decided to walk around the park. At least I'm not so lonely. I walk, then suddenly I bump into someone. "Ow!" I fell to the ground. Oh sh*t, my butt hurt so bad.

"Ms., I'm sorry." It's a guy who I bump into too. He gives me a hand to get up, and I take his hand and look at his face. Oh, why him?

"Out of people, why do I need to bump into you? Gosh." I mumbled, and it looks like he heard me. I'm done.

"At least I helped you get up. Now move." He pushes me, and I nearly fall down again, but this time I manage to balance myself. I huff and walk again. My day was completely fine until I bumped into him. I wonder why he is still here in Paris while he still has a company in New York for him to manage.

******

The next day

"Thea, are you okay?" Parrish asks me on our way to go to the company.

"Hmmm."

Nah, you're surely not okay. Tell me what's wrong, my beautiful girl."

It's just that I don't want to meet Mr. Sanchez today, and I really hope that he already goes back to New York and never comes back," I said to him.

"What's wrong if he's here? It's not like he's going to do something to you, or maybe something already happened." He stops me by stopping in front of me.

"Parrish, what are you doing? Move I need to get coffee before we enter the company." I push him, and we walk again.

"Tell me, girl, what actually happened between both of you, huh? You weren't always moody like this."

"Just yesterday, when I just took a walk at the park, I bumped into him, and of course he said sorry, but then he just pushed me aside and continued his run. Why does he need to be rude to me?" I explain, and now we're in the coffee shop to buy coffee.

"Well, no comment. It was just you and him who bumped into each other, girl, not anything else. So stop being moody and smile a little." He pinched my cheeks to make me smile, but I just rolled my eyes. Gosh, are you on your period?" He asks me, but thank God it's not too loud, or else I'll be so embarrassed.

"I'm not. So stop talking nonsense, can you?" I said to him, and he just stood quietly beside me until it was our turn to order. I'm just going to have cappuccino regular size," I order, and then I look at Parrish to see if he wants anything, but he just shakes his head no.

"I'm sorry if I offended you with my word," I said when I had already gotten my coffee.

"It's cool. You're a woman, after all. A woman always likes that when she's moody or hungry." He said.

"Sorry..." I apologise to him again. He hugs me, and I hug him back with a coffee in my hand. "I feel like I have an older brother now," I said after we broke the hug.

"I know I'm a good older brother. Now let's go, or we might be late." We enter the building.

When I've already arrived at my room, I put the coffee on my desk, and then Joseph comes into my room, and I look at him with a bored expression. Yes, Mr. Sanchez, do you want to talk about the project?" I ask him.

"No, I came to let you know that We need to go to that hotel and maybe I can help you with your idea or something." He said.

"Now?"

"Yup." I nodded my head and headed to the lift.

It takes about 15 minutes to get to the hotel. I get out of the car and see the new hotel that has already been built and just needs to be painted and filled with decorations and other things. This hotel is so tall, and I bet if it's fully finished, it's going to be so beautiful. I look around and just think about what to put here and there. At least Joseph wasn't like he used to be today, because I don't want to deal with it today.

__________________________________________________________________________________

How about chapter 6?

Don't be shy; tell me how you feel about this chapter!

Vote

Comment

Share

*****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins