Chapter 20 - Help Him (Joseph Point of view)

•••• Author note at the end

[Lany, Super far]

Joseph

4 months later.

It's been four months since I last slept with any woman. Well, I did make out with them, but I'm not taking it until bed because I kept thinking about Thea, Thea, and Thea. I try to forget her for at least a week, but I can't. It seems like her face has always stuck in my mind and can't be erased.

Right now, I'm back in New York, and I hope that maybe at least my mind can stop thinking about her. At least for an hour. I feel like I'm a teenager who's crazy about love now. Especially when I kissed her. I still can remember it well, jow her lips feel and her taste everything about her. We've been talking, but only about work and not any personal stuff. She acts like she forgot our moment together, or maybe she just acts like one. I don't know.

I'm on my way to go to Elijah's house. That's another problem. I don't understand his love for life. It's really, really complicated. At least mine is not that complicated.

I parked my car beside his car and walked to the front door. His maid opened the door, and I got in straight away and went up to his room.

The moment I open the door of his room, all I can see is the sofa on which he is currently sitting. His room is so dark; maybe his soul is dark too. "Did you drink again?" I said to him at the door, and he looked at me with his tired eyes. Gosh, Elijah, stop acting like this, will you? Where's the Elijah that always said, I will never give up whatever happens? It looks like you're already raising a white flag. Enough.." When I want to nag at him, he wants to take another sip. So, I take the glass from his hand and put it on the table in front of him.

"It's not like Alexa will forgive me if I do anything." He said it, and I sighed. Well, it's Alexa again. Man, I feel you because her best friend makes me feel like I can't do my job properly. This pair of best friends truly enriches our lives because we are constantly reminded of them.

"You know, I am so sorry to look at you now, with an eyebag under your eyes, hair like a bird nest, and also because it looks like my best friend is now an old man because of that beard." I said it and chuckled, and he looked at me with a pissed expression. "Bro! Did I talk with a stone or what? Give another response other than looking at me like that." I said.

"My life is nothing now." He answer.

"I don't think so, because you still have power in your hands to do anything you want." It's just that you're just too stupid to do that." I said.

"Alexa will never forgive me, Joseph, and I know that. I know that I hurt her too much. No one will forgive someone like me so easily after what I did to her. She's hurt too much. And this time, I know she wants me to feel the pain that she felt. You know she succeeded in making me feel so hurt and in pain." He said to me:

"Well, because I think you're like my own brother, I will help you then."

"Help what?" He asked me.

"Oh gosh, did your cell in your brain get cut off until you can't even understand what I mean?" I sighed. "I will help you get Alexa back, of course." I adds.

"Really?" He said that, and then I saw his eyes, like he had finally found the light.

"Even though I also have a problem with the girl I like, for you, yeah, I will help you." I reply.

"The girl you like? Why didn't I know this? Who?" He asked me.

Well, it's because I never told you. She's the interior designer for my new hotel in Paris. I think I like her because of her personality; I can't forget about her." I explained and smiled a bit when I remembered about Thea.