Chapter 13 - Sunday

[Maroon 5: Sunday Morning]

Thea

When I look at myself in the mirror, my eyes look so swollen and red. It's been like a week since I had those dreams. It's been like a year since I last had that dream, but now it's back. Since the day that I fainted in the rain that day. I washed my face and decided to take a shower. I shampoo my hair and scrub my body.

After a few minutes, I walk out of the bathroom with a fluffy white towel wrapped around my naked body. I open the dresser and wear my undergarments, then pick a white tee and my black yoga pants. I just let my wet hair fall down, and then I hung the towel before leaving my room. I pick up the chips from the kitchen counter and take a seat on the couch. Watching movies with chips on my lap is what I like. Just then, my phone rang. It's Alexa. I smile and pick it up.

"Alexa!!"

"Don't do that!" She yelled back, and I chuckled.

"How are you, my bestie?"

"I really miss you, Thea. Don't you want to come back here again, or have you already found yourself a new best friend?"

Well, first, I'll go to LA, but I don't know when, and second, I have found a friend here, and it's a guy, but you're always my number one bestie. Oh, and I miss you too!" I said.

"Stop doing that, woman. If you're here, I'll shove your mouth with this phone." I laughed, and then suddenly I heard a knock on my door. I look at it and wonder who it is. It can't be Parrish because it's only been three weeks since he's gone. "Thea, are you okay? Why are you suddenly quiet?" Alexa, ask me.

Ummm, I'll call you later. I've got something to do." I said that and put my phone on the couch. I walk to the door and then open it slowly.

"Hey." It's Joseph, and this is the first time I've seen him in this casual outfit.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I just want to spend my Sunday with you. Can I?" I look at him weirdly and see that he holds a plastic bag in his hand. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just step aside and let him in. I close the door and walk to the same spot where I've been sitting for the past hour.

"So... Why are you here again?" I ask him and shove a chip in my mouth. He takes a seat next to me, but not too close. There's still a gap between us.

"I want to spend my Sunday with you." He said. Is he being serious? "Yes, I am serious." Did I talk out loud? "And yes, you are." I just continue to eat my chips and watch the movie. It's not like both of us are on good terms or anything. It was just him being weird and acting like a completely different person. Where did the arrogant, snobbish, picky, player, heartless, and annoying attitude go? "Do you want some? I bought two of them. And I just pick cookies and dough. I don't know what your favourite is." He said, and did he mention cookies and dough? That's my favourite, and I really can't resist it.

"Oh really. Ummm, just give me I can still eat it." I said, and he gave it to me. I was mentally smiling because I got my favourite ice cream. I stand up and take a spoon from the drawer in the kitchen. Then sit back on the couch. "Here." I give him one spoon, and then I start to eat mine. We eat our ice cream in silence until the movie ends. I close it, then play with my phone. A moment later, I finally remembered that Joseph was here.

"You know we're not that close to spending Sunday together. We're just boss and employee. So I don't think this is what boss and employee do." I start to talk to him.

"It's not, but I just got bored being at the company, so I just decided to come here and talk to someone that I know."

"You knew a lot of people, Joseph. Oh, I'm sorry, Mr. Sanchez." I smiled at him.

Nah, you can call me by my first name when we're alone. That's more comfortable to hear." He said that, and I nodded my head.

"If you are bored, why didn't you go to the club or just bang another girl because that's what you always did? Right?" I ask him.

"I will, but maybe later. It's still early, though." I guess he's still the same person. "By the way, where are you from, Thea?" He asks me

Well, I'm from Colorado, but I moved to New York when I was 16 and just found a part-time job but still have to go to school," I said to him.

"Well, I won't ask about you anymore because I know you won't tell me if I ask again."

"Good then. Can I ask you one thing?"

"Sure thing."

"When will you go back to New York?" He looks at me while raising his eyebrows.

"Are you going to hate me that much until you can't wait for me to go back to New York?"

"Maybe because your best friend makes my best friend's life like hell," I answer.

"It's him, not me; I didn't do anything."

Yeah, but you're his best friend after all. Both of you, just the same, like to make all women like your clothes. Just change wherever you want. Do you guys think we all like to be dumped? I bet even the slut didn't like that." I said to him:

"They're the ones who gave their bodies to us. It's not like we're forcing them." He answers.

Yeah, yeah, whatever. So can you go home and just find something else to do? I want to be alone now. So?"

"Don't say you're kicking me out now."

"I am. So get out now. I think I'm being nice enough right now." I said, and he stood up and walked to the door. I just looked at him to get out.

"See you tomorrow, then." He said before closing the door: I am finally alone again. I lay down on the couch, and then I feel sleepy, so I just close my eyes and drift to sleep.

____________________________________________________________

How about chapter 13?

Don't be shy; tell me how you feel about this chapter!

Vote

Comment

Share

*****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins