Exponents- Chapter Ten

Chapter 10:

The Weighing of the Wands

I am one of the Hogwarts champions. Harry being the other. Why does Hogwarts have two champions? Nobody knows. It's been a week since the names got called out of the Goblet, and the Slytherin's have used this as a way to make Harry Potter and the Gryffindors look bad. They have been going around spreading things that might or might not be true. They have been saying that the Gryffindors planned this all, just to steal Ravenclaw's victory. The Hufflepuffs are on Slytherins side. Ravenclaw house is pretty mad at Gryffindor. Me, I'm just happy that I'm the 'real' Hogwarts champion, as the Slytherins say.

The 'real' Hogwarts champion still has to sit through Transfiguration. Right now we are studying about animagus. Professor McGonagall is letting us read the book instead of writting an essay on it. If I may say, I would rather write an essay than read. That's probably because I've read this chapter five times already.

There's a knock on the door, and the Slytherin boy who borrowed my book, whose name is Tony, walks in.

"Mr.Stonenem, how may I help you?" Professor McGonagall asks.

"Mr. Bagman needs Arielle." He replies, glancing at me.

"Very well. Arielle you are free to go." I quickly gather my belongings and head out the door.

"What does Mr. Bagman need me for?" I ask Tony.

"To take pictures for the Daily Prophet, I think." I start patting my hair down.

"Nobody told me anything about pictures! Does my hair look okay?" I ask. Tony chuckles.

"Fine." He replies as he leads me to a small classroom where all the champions are.

"See you later then?" Tony asks. I smile.

"Unless I get killed by the giant squid!" I open the door to the classroom slowly. Viktor was looking out the window, being himself and not speaking to anybody. Fleur was sitting in a chair looking quite bored. As she saw me walk in, she patted the chair next to her for me to sit by her. Mr. Bagman was sitting in another chair talking to a woman I know as Rita Skeeter. He paid no attention to my appearance.  

I walk over to sit by Fleur, who seems happy to have someone to talk to. She pats my hand.

"Finally, someone zo talk zo!" I smile at her. She gives out a laugh.

"It's nice to have someone to talk to too!" I reply. Fleur gives out another laugh. Viktor glances over at her from the corner of his eye, but quickly shakes his head and looks away.

"How are 'ze boy problemz'?" She asks with a kind face. It's sort of hard not wannting to spill everything to her. I keep myself from telling her about Fred, though.

"They are a whole lot better. I met this one boy, and we might have a future together." I can't help it, but a huge grin appears on my face at the thought of Oliver. Fleur is happy to see me happy, but concerned.

"'Emember what I zeid. 'Zon't get too close." She said in a low voice. I nod. I notice in the corner of my eye that Harry arrived. Everyone else did too. All the "adults" started talking to Harry, and he and Rita Skeeter ended up leaving.

"'Zat Potter boy is very, strange. I think 'zat is 'ze word for itt." Fleur whispers.

"I can see what you mean. I don't think he put his name in the Goblet though." There is no possible way Harry would have done that. He might have thought it 'cool' to enter, but he would never do it if it was against Dumbledore's wishes.