Exponents- Chapter 22

Chapter 22-

The Third Task

When I woke up this morning, my head was just full of bad thoughts. What if I break an arm? There go my dreams.

Though going to breakfast did help me a lot. Sort of.

"Are you okay Ari?" Fred asked.

"Um- yeah. Why'd you ask?"

"You look really pale." And now the task is affecting my appearance. Things aren't looking so well for me.

"You should eat, Arielle. Someone might mistake you for a ghost." Fred says. He deserves points for that one.

George handed me a muffin. Might as well eat it.

"Lewis, the champions are to be in the chamber off the Hall after breakfast. The families of the champions were invited to watch." Professor McGonagall says as she walks over to me. Does she think my dad is going resurrect from the grave?

"Um- alright. Thank you, Professor." She walked off to go tell Harry the exact same thing.

"I think I'll go. You two have exams, and seeing my dad come back as a zombie should be a laugh." The twins both snickered.

Really, I was hoping to see my dad. Even though he is dead.

"Arielle! There you are!" My head jerks to the direction of the voice. Mrs. Weasley and Bill were walking over to me.

"Mrs. Weasley! Bill! What are you two doing here?"

"We just wanted to come see you and Harry." Harry and I are very alike, I've noticed. Both of us are orphans, with only the Weasley family.

"That's great!"

"Charlie was suppose to be here too, but he had some work. But from what he tells us, you and Harry were amazing." Bill says.

"Surprise Harry!" Mrs. Weasley shouted as Harry came running to us. She kissed him on the cheek and gave him a tight hug.

My eyes glanced around the room, to look at the other champions family. Krum was talking to his family in very rapid Bulgarian. While Fleur was eyeing Bill from her mothers shoulder. She seemed to be, attracted to him maybe? They'd be nice together, honestly.

"Fancy giving us a tour, guys?" Bill asked Harry and I.

"Yeah, okay." Both Harry and I said. Mrs. Weasley chuckled.

"Like Fred and George."

The rest of the day was actually quite pleasant. Harry and I had something to do to take our minds off the task. Showing them around Hogwarts was really fun. At first you wouldn't really think of it as fun, but it is.

Mrs. Weasley and Bill would talk about things that they did at their times at Hogwarts. It was very interesting.

During lunch we met up with Ron, Ginny, and the twins. When Hermione joined us, Mrs. Weasley was slightly cold to her. But Harry told her that what Rita Skeeter wasn't true, and Mrs. Weasley was kinder to Hermione. Ginny and I had looked at each other and chuckled.

After lunch we showed Mrs. Weasley and Bill the inside of the castle. The day went pretty well. And quickly. As it got later, Harry and I started getting nervous.

During the feast, instead of refusing to eat, I was shoving food in my mouth. Bill had to calm me down and take the food away from my hands. He said I would most likely throw up.