Exponents- Chapter 11

Chapter 11-

She's Just A Girl

Fred's POV

Right now, I'm currently sitting on a bench by the Black Lake doing my homework. Weird isn't it? I'm by myself, doing homework. Charms homework, actually.

The only reason I'm doing this is because of Arielle. She said that I have to do my homework if I want to be successful. I don't really care about being successful. I just care about her. She sounded really sad when she heard that I wasn't doing well in Charms. I can't bare to see her sad. It breaks my heart.

The reason it breaks my heart, is because I love Arielle. I have always loved her. From the moment I laid eyes on her.

I know, it doesn't sound like me. When I told George in the summer, he thought I was kidding at first.

But it's true. I love her. She probably doesn't like me. George suggested a love potion once. It was a very stupid idea of course.

"Hey Fred. May I sit down?" A voice says. I look up to see Arielle standing next to the bench. Blimey, my stuff is every where. I quickly get my books off the bench to make room for Arielle to sit.

"Yeah." She sits down and looks over at me.

"Harry told me that the First Task is dragons." She mutters.

"What?!" I reply. She grabs my hand.

"Fred, I'm scared. I know I signed up for this, but I can't help it. I'm scared." I squeeze her hand.

"It's going to be okay, Ari. We just need to think of something." I say. She smiles at me.

"That's exactly what we need to do. Because we always have a plan, right?"

******* A Few Hours Later *******

"Fred, your idea was brilliant!" Arielle says. She starts jumping around and spinning down the corridor.

"You mean I'm brilliant? Let's not forget fit." I say. She winks at me and starts laughing.

"It's getting a bit late, Fred. I'm going back to my common room. Bye!" Arielle starts walking the opposite way, and I just watch her stalk off.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day, it is.