Exponents- Chapter 15

Chapter 15-

The Yule Ball

"Arielle! Presents!" Nicole shouted. I quickly threw the sheets off myself, and rushed over to the pile of presents.

Nicole, Catarina, Iracebeth, Mirana, and I were spread out on the floor.

I had received a book from my dad named, "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Other Stories." He had also gotten me a pair of boots, 'for the winter' he said on the card.

Mrs. Weasley had sent me the usual Weasley Sweater with an 'A' on it. I have quite the collection of those.

Bill and Charlie had gotten me a pair of earrings with dragons of them. The dragons were an even smaller version of the replica I had gotten before the first task.

Catarina threw a small package at my head.

"What was that for?"

"I forgot to set your present down. Sorry." I roll my eyes and open the present. It was a book on Arithmancy.

Nicole and Iracebeth had also gotten me books. Mirana had gotten me fake flowers to put in my hair.

I always save the twins presents for last.

George had gotten me some sweets; He knows how much I love sweets. Who doesn't?

And there's only a card from Fred reading, "I want to give you my present in person. Wait for me before breakfast by the tree where we used to study together. Love, Fred."

"Arielle, quickly change! He's probably already waiting for you!" Mirana squeals. She was reading over my shoulder.

I get up as fast as I can. What to wear? Maybe I should wear the Christmas shirt my dad had gotten me last year, with some jeans, and the boots my dad got me! Perfect outfit. Lets not forget about the blue jacket! Maybe I should put my curly hair to the side, and add the flowers to it!

Finally, I had reached the tree. To my disappointment, Fred wasn't there yet. I had just ran all the way from the Ravenclaw tower to here. All that was left to do was sit down and wait.

Maybe he had gotten me a unicorn. Ugh, what am I thinking!

"Merry Christmas, Ari." Fred says. I turn around and hug him.

"Merry Christmas, Fred." He pulls out a box from his jacket.

"I got you a present. And by the way, I loved yours." He opens the box, which reveals the most beautiful necklace I have ever seen. It has heart, which opens to reveal a picture, like the one he had gotten me for my birthday. Technically George also got it for me, but that is besides the point.

The picture is one I haven't seen in a long time. I forgot it even exists. It was in my third year, and Lee had gotten a camera. His mother wanted him to take pictures of all the things at Hogwarts, because she hasn't seen pictures of us.

Anyways, Lee had gotten Fred to sweep me of my feet and spin me around. At the end of the picture, Fred had tripped on his feet and caused us to fall. And we just laughed. We looked so young. I think we were about thirteen.

"Fred, I don't know what to say." He takes the necklace from my hands and puts it around my neck.

"You don't have to say anything at all." He turns me around slowly, and leans in.

It would have been the most romantic moment ever, if my tummy hadn't growled as loud as possible.

"Maybe we should go grab a bite." Fred suggests. I nod.