Exponents- Chapter 14

Chapter 14-

Angelina Again

Arielle's POV

"Slytherins, you are free to go. My house, I need a word." Professor Flitwick said. Most of the Ravenclaw's hadn't even packed to leave. Occasionally on some lessons, there would be a long line to speak to Professor Flitwick about the lesson we just learned, which ended up with him rushing us out of the classroom, saying to ask him after supper.

"It has been my responsibility to inform my house about an upcoming school event. The Yule Ball is coming up, on Christmas day. It will be from eight to midnight. Dress robes are to be worn. It is a night for dancing and fun, but I do make a request for you to behave. Ravenclaw house has a reputation for being the best behaved house, and I would like to keep that reputation. You are all free to go! Except for Ms. Lewis, I need a word."

Everybody quickly gathered their supply's and headed out the door. I gathered mine slowly, and walked up to Professor Flitwick's desk.

"You needed a word, Professor?" I say. He nods.

"Yes, what was it again? Oh, right! Since you are a Hogwarts champion, you and a partner have to open the ball with the first dance. I just wanted to give you a heads up! You are may leave!" He says. I nod and walk out the door.

Oh no, what if I mess up the dance? What if I make a complete fool of myself? Maybe I can fake being sick? Yes, I can have a cold.

Wait, what am I talking about? I can't fake sick! I have to represent Hogwarts! Well, Harry can do that for me, but maybe it'd be best if I did go.

And a partner! Fred might be stubborn and not want to go. Then I will most likely have to fake sick.

I should just talk to Fred. He's probably in his common room.

As I'm about to turn a corner to go to the Gryffindor common room, I hear two familiar voices.

"Fred, I want to ask you something." Angelina says.

"What is it, Angelina? I haven't much time, I need to talk with Arielle."

"Oh, sweet little Arielle can't wait?"

"Make it quick." Fred mutters.

"I just wanted to ask you to the Yule Ball." How dare she!

"Angelina, I happen to have a girlfriend."

"So? We could go as friends." You know that feeling when you just want to rip someone's throat out? That's the feeling I have currently.

"Angelina, no."

"Fred, you know you want to come with me."

"Angelina, honestly. You do not know what I want."

"Fred, Arielle is so boring. She can be really mean and cruel."

"I thought I heard my name." I say, as I walk into the scene. Angelina's eyes widen.

"I was just asking Fred to the Yule Ball. Who are you taking? Oliver? Your boyfriend?" She says.

"Fred happens to be my boyfriend." I reply.

"Who says you can't have two?" She snaps.

"I do. And you should take Oliver. It'd be-"

"A perfect match. You both want someone you can't have." Fred finishes. He looks over at me and smiles.

Angelina glares and walks away. Thank Merlin. Fred reaches out his hand.

"Let's go get dinner." He suggest. I nod.

I know that I shouldn't let Angelina get to me, but she is. And just to be clear, I am not at all feeling jealous. Not at all.

Okay, maybe just a bit. Or a whole lot.

"Ari, is something wrong?" Fred asks.

"Nothing, why?"

"For one your hand is gripping mine really tight, and I can see it in your eyes."

"I'm jealous." I mumble.

"Arielle, you have nothing to be jealous of. You are the most beautiful girl in the world, with the most beautiful personality ever. I sometimes question if you're a Veela. And not just because when you get mad you could almost be spitting fire." He says. I chuckle.

"I am not a Veela, Fred. Have you seen Fleur Delacour? She has perfect blonde hair, a perfect body, and a perfect face. She's perfect, I'm not."

"Arielle, you're as far as perfect goes. Trust me." He kissed the top of my head. "I was also going to ask you if you something."

He gets down on one knee, and pulls out a rose.

"Will you, Arielle Lucille Lewis, go to the Yule Ball with me?" This is the oddest but most romantic thing I have ever seen.

"Of course!" I say. My hand takes the rose, but then it transforms into a coconut.

"I got it from Zonkos. On the tag it said perfect for romantic situations. So, I bought it for you."

"Thank you! And we have to open up the dance, just to let you know." I say. Fred wraps his arm around me.

"I'll try my best."

"That you will!"

"Ari, I really do love you." He whispers into my ear.

"I love you too, Fred." I whisper back.