Exponents- Chapter 23

Chapter 23-

Tom Riddle

My feet hit the ground, sending pain to my injured leg. It should have healed by now. But it didn't.

Both Harry and I went tumbling down to the ground, releasing the cup. Slowly, the cup rolled. Harry's hand was stretched out, to help me up.

"Where are we?" He whispered. Just by glancing around, you could tell we're not on Hogwarts grounds. In the darkness, you could make out gravestones. On our right, was a yew tree, which swayed in the wind. Tied to the tree, was a rope that swayed along.

"No idea. Was it mentioned the cup was a Portkey?" There was a feeling in the air, that made the place seem very terrifying. Unlike what a child would be afraid of, it wasn't ghost that made this place uncomfortable.

"Not at all. Maybe this is part of the tournament?"

"Yeah, that sounds right. Wands out, Harry. You don't know what they could make us do."

"I really can't think of anything worse then facing a dragon, but we've already done that." My chuckle blended in with the leaves melody. Out in the darkness, away from where Harry and I stood, someone was walking to us.

"Harry, someone's coming." By the way the person moved, you could tell it was holding a baby. Or maybe it was just robes.

The figure stoped moving. It just looked at Harry and I. They continued walking towards Harry and I. And then Harry gave out screams of pain, clutching his scar.

I dropped down next to him, wrapping an arm around him.

"Harry! Harry!" He just buried his head into the ground. The person that had been holding a baby, raised a wand. My body was flung into the air, then thrown against a head stone. Tight cords tied me to the head stone. The man then proceeded to do the same to Harry.

"You!" Harry gasped. I had no clue what was going on. But by the way we're tied to headstones, I could tell that this isn't part of the tournament. There's no way this could be part of the tournament.

The man had gone to the robes he set down, and took out the creature that resembled a baby. It was was hair less and scaly looking. It's face was like one of a snakes. No nose, with red eyes.

The man dropped the snake-like creature into a cauldron, which he had set up.

"Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son!" The man said. With his wand, he got some dust out of the grave under Harry. It was dropped slowly into the cauldron.

"Flesh- of the servant- w- willingly- given- you will- revive- your master. The man held a dagger to his hand, which was missing a finger. This man must be going mad, because he cut it off. He cut off his hand, right then and there.

The scream was similar to the one Fleur had let out- it was of pure pain.

"Blood of the enemy... forcibly taken... you will resurrect your foe." He walked over to Harry. Through the darkness, I really couldn't make out what happened. But from what the man had said, he must have collected blood from Harry, and dropped it in the cauldron.

Steam started pouring out of the cauldron.

"Robe me." Said a high, cold voice. The man with no hand grabbed the robes off the ground, and with one hand, put the robes on the creature from the cauldron.

The snake-like man stepped out of the cauldron, staring at Harry.

It appeared to be- no, it was. Lord Voldemort has returned.