Damn it was Good to See You Again

A/N Zayn has always been my favorite and I already really like writing this. It's a second favorite under MOMENTS. :) 

Zayns POV

~Flashback~

“Come on Ariel, it’s just water,” I said, trying to pull my best friend into her own pool.

“You’re lucky you got me in a swimsuit Zayn Malik,” She hissed, resisting my pulling. I rolled my eyes - she always seemed to forget how many times the two of us had bathed together as kids. 

“Yes, now take the t-shirt you have on over said swimsuit off and get in the pool,” I said, pulling her closer to the pool. She pulled loose from my grasp, and backed away, crossing her arms over her grey t-shirt clad chest. A grey t-shirt that belonged to me, might I add.

“Why won’t you just get in the damn pool?” I asked, running a hand through my hair in frustration. 

“I...” She started, shaking her head, her blonde locks falling into her face, “I just don’t okay!” She grumbled, walking back toward the sliding glass door leading into her house.

“Ariel,” I said, shaking my head, “You know I know when you’re lying to me.”

She turned around to look at me, her face red with a mix of embarrassment and what I couldn’t peg as anger, or sadness. 

“I’m just... self-conscious... is all,” She mumbled almost inaudibly. I looked at her skeptically - Ariel Fielding self-conscious? that was like saying elephants aren’t big.

“Ari, I’ve known you since we were kids, why are you so embarrassed all the sudden?” I asked, moving closer and wrapping my arm around her shoulder, the two of us moving toward the bench swing her father had set up the summer before. 

Ariel shrugged her tiny shoulders, her head still cast down, “I dunno... it’s just... I’ve never had a boyfriend, or even been kissed, and I just think, there’s gotta be something wrong with me, you know? I work really hard to be skinnier, and prettier, but,” She paused, lifting a hand to wipe away a tear that had fallen from her eyes, “Nothing works! I’m still so god damn ugly!” She said, looking up at me with tears in her eyes.

I ran my hand through her hair, pushing it out of her face before moving my hands to brush the tears off of her cheeks. She looked up at me with sad pain stricken eyes. 

“You’re beautiful, Ariel,” I said, looking straight in her eyes as I spoke.

“You only think that because you have too,” She said, trying to look away but failing under the grasp of my hands.

“No,” I whispered, moving my face closer to hers, “I think it because it’s true,” I whispered, before kissing her lips.

I pulled away from her, a smile planted firmly on my face, “And now you’ve been kissed. So will you please get in the pool? It’s hot as hell,” I said. Ariel looked at me wide eyed, before bursting out laughing. I grinned at her she peeled off her shirt and ran toward the pool, jumping with a splash. 

God, if only this girl really knew how much I loved her. 

~End flashback~ 

Two years. It had been two years since I’d seen the girl who’s first kiss I’d stolen on the porch swing in her backyard. Now, here she stood, her long blonde hair still its same golden color. It even still reminded me of the sun. She had a pair of black jeans on, as well as a “The Ramones” t-shirt. Only she would wear something so casual to meet her new boss for the next few months. I watched her eyes dance from each other boys, and then land on mine. My eyes widened, and suddenly I felt... nervous? This was definitely a feeling I hadn’t felt in a while.