Drama Llama

(A/N) Remember to vote! It saves pandas. 

Also, this may be triggering to some audiences so yeah, you've been warned. 

I spend the rest of the night being alternated between Louis, Niall and Liam. Harry and Lauren had been put strictly on Zayn duty. According to Louis, he was not allowed near me till he was ready to, “Build a statue of forgiveness.” 

I also spent a lot of the time shaking, and it was not until around four in the morning that sleep graced me with it’s presence. At this time, I was laying in Niall’s bed, his arms around over my hip, rubbing it gently and soothingly, while Liam and Louis did things like sing and make jokes to try to get me to calm down.

It was scary to realize that the one person who had never so much as seen the bricks of your wall had suddenly scaled it, and built a home on the other side. That you were really alone, and that there was nobody who you could truly trust. 

I awoke hours later to have Niall and Louis in the bed with me, and Liam laying on the floor. I stayed in place, not even daring myself to move. I didn’t want to face the world right now, not alone. I wanted three, maybe four if Harry could escape Zayn, boys surrounding me wherever I went. I couldn’t let the world get to me - not now, not while I was this vulnerable.

And I would have been completely safe had the knob of the door not turned, and had a certain black haired boy not staggered into the room, his eyes landing on me immediately. 

My first instinct was to shake Louis and Niall awake, but things sort of backfired when Louis was sent shooting out of the bed and on top of Liam, who, I’m really not sure why he couldn’t just sleep in the free bed. Maybe he’d fallen out, I couldn’t recall. 

Niall wrapped his arms around me protectively, and as he did this, I took the time to look Zayn up and down. His eyes was blackened, and the purple bruise traveled down and meshed into the one on his cheek where Harry had hit him. He was still wearing his clothing from the night previous, but he looked much more tattered now. I averted my gaze, looking down at my very bruised wrist.

When had it gotten that bad? It hadn’t hurt that much last night, but now as I focused on it, it began to throb uncontrollably, making me wince in pain. I wanted him to go away, as bad as that may sound. I wanted him to leave, and not come back until he was the Zayn I knew. The one that stopped the tears, not created them.

“I just need to talk to Ariel,” He told Louis, his voice sounding pleading.

“NOT UNTIL YOU COME BACK WITH A STATUE OF FORGIVENESS!” Louis said, placing his hands on his hips as if he were a superhero. I couldn’t help but grin at how even in a situation like the one we were in now, he could still be his silly self. 

“Tell him just to talk,” I whispered into Niall’s ear, not yet ready to speak to him directly. Niall nodded, relaying my words to Zayn.

“What, can’t talk to me now, Ariel?” He asked, looking at me with pain in his eyes. My eyes widened, a few stray pieces of my blonde hair falling down into my face. I reached up my hand to push the pieces away, and it was not until I saw the color in Zayn’s face run completely that I realized what hand I had used. 

“Maybe you should go,” I said bravely, just barely looking at his nose. I couldn’t look at his eyes, I knew if I did that I would cave. That I would go with him and let him kiss me and tell me how sorry he was, and that we would just end up going back and forth like we were now. 

“Ariel!” He begged, his voice cracking. I raised my eyes slightly, catching his dark bottom lashes, and finally my eyes met his. His amber eyes were tired and bloodshot, much like my own. They twanged with pain, but nothing compared to the pain that he had left not only in my wrist, but in my heart.