Concussions and Things

(A/N) If you vote I'll give you a cookie 

I tried to struggle under the person’s arms, but to no prevail. Even sitting up was impossible, considering their hold on my shoulders. I peaked open one of my eyes, noticing my once blurred vision was clearing. I fluttered both eyes open now, seeing two amber eyes looking down at me.

“ZAYN JAWAAD MALIK!” I yelled in his face, trying to move but still being hindered by his hands. I realized then how much my head really hurt. Wow, that fall really did some damage.

“Say I’m the best ever,” He said, looking at me with a serious glare, rather than a light hearted grin like either of us would have had as kids. Fear hit my stomach, but I sucked it in, giving him an ‘are you serious?’ look.

“Zayn my head...” I trailed off, trying to move again. 

“SAY IT!” He yelled down at me, catching me off guard. Not once in my twenty-one years of knowing Zayn Malik had he ever once yelled at me. He’d never so much as raised his voice at me, but now here he was, on top of me, screaming in my face. 

Now, I’m not one to cry. I seldom do, and if you actually get me to shed a tear, you really have to do something to hurt me, or die, or something. So imagine Zayn and my surprise when tears leaked from my eyes, and once again I tried to move from under him.

“You’re the best ever,” I mumbled, trying to move. He still didn’t budge.

“Promise we’ll be best friends forever,” He whispered, his lips close to mine. I looked into his deep amber eyes, his thick black lashes like fairies to be wished upon under the moonlight. 

“I... Zayn I can’t,” I said, choking myself up at the words. He released my shoulders and stood up, allowing me to sit up now as well.

He stood facing away from me, unmoving. I stood up, and just as I went to place a hand on his shoulder he turned to me.

In my twenty-one years of life, I had not experienced so much of Zayn Malik as I had today. Tears streamed down his deep colored cheeks, and if you saw the two of us, you’d think maybe I’d rejected his marriage proposal, or killed his dog. 

“Why can’t you just do it like when we were kids?” He asked, his voice choked up. I brought a hand to my mouth, not aware of what I was to do. I wanted to wrap my arms around him and tell him it was all okay. But it wasn’t. I couldn’t just give up all the hurt he’d put me through just like that. Just at a few tears dripping down his perfectly chiseled jaw. 

“You hurt me so much,” I said, my eyes locking onto his, “I called you every day, texted you, everything. Do you know how long you took to remember you missed my birthday? Two months, Zayn. Two goddamn months. You called me the day my cat died,” I paused, bringing my hand up and wiping away a few stray tears, “All you said was, ‘hey babe, sorry I missed your birthday.?’ and then you hung up. You didn’t talk to me, you didn’t try. You gave up, like I was nothing,” I yelled. 

My head was throbbing, and I could feel nausea growing in my stomach from the crying. I was a mess, an honest to god mess and all Zayn could do was stare at me. 

“Ariel I...” He trailed off, his eyes dropping to the floor as he ran a hand through his perfectly quipped hair. 

“Just make it better already!” I yelled, stomping my foot like a two year old, “Like when we were kids! Hug me and call my mom to bring the band-aids. Do something Zayn. Because god dammit I miss you!” I was sobbing now, tears gushing from my eyes so fast I couldn’t keep up with them, “I miss us.” I added, looking him so deep in the eyes I could see his soul.