Tickle fights and Cockblock Tomlinson

(A/N) If this chapter can get up to 30 votes, I'll write a really cute chapter of Zayn and Ariel! Also, I'm doing a One Shot contest for this story. Write a really cute one for Zayn and Ariel, and whoever wins gets to do a colab with me and get's to be the star of my next fanfiction!!!

~Flash back~ 

Christmas was around the corner, and I was out shopping for everyone. I’d found everybody but my mom and Zayn’s gift. 

Zayn. He’d been gone for a year now - was I supposed to buy him a gift? Would he be home for this Christmas? He would, right? They wouldn’t force the boys to miss Christmas was their families. 

We’d always celebrated Christmas together, ever since we were little, of course he’d come home for that! I walked through the men’s section of Macy’s, looking at Michael Kohrs watches like the one he’d told me he wanted a while ago. I was about to ask the clerk about it when I remembered he was famous now - he probably had like ten. I sighed, stepping away from it and down further into the store.

Maybe I could just get him a t-shirt or a scarf, and if he didn’t come home play it off like it was for dad or my brother. Yeah, that would work perfect! I nodded my head, picking up a plaid Burberry scarf and taking it to the cashier to pay and have it wrapped. 

I’ve always been shit at wrapping gifts. 

Now I was moving on to my mom - she was still in the hospital, so she’d probably want something to keep herself entertained while she was in there. Maybe a book? She’d been wanting to read that new series everyone was talking about, The Hunger Games. I could probably find a box set on sale for her at the bookstore down the road from Macy’s. I moved out of the Macy’s store, the cold Bradford air nipping at my cheeks - maybe I shouldn’t have had them wrap that scarf. 

I walked as fast as I could down the road, trying to get to the bookstore and out of the cold as fast as possible. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, and reaching in I noticed it was a call from my dad.

“Hi daddy,” I said, stepping into the bookstore, the heating instantly warming my now frozen cheeks.

“Ariel, I don’t want you to be worried, but you need to come to the hospital now, okay?” He asked. My eyes widened, and I nodded even though I knew he couldn’t see me. 

“Okay, I’ll be there in five,” I told my dad, pulling the phone away from my ear and hanging it up, I rushed out of the bookstore and down the street to my car.

The drive to the hospital wasn’t long, but it still felt like hours. My heart was pounding and my mind racing - Was mom okay? She had to be. It was almost Christmas, she couldn’t die before christmas. That wasn’t fair. 

I ran through the automatic doors of the hospital, my eyes catching a man with his head in his hands, his shoulders bobbing. It hit me all too suddenly that it was my dad. 

“Daddy?” I asked as I got close to him. He looked up at me, coming to a stand the instant his eyes caught me. I couldn’t remember the last time I’d called him daddy - I had to have been about five. 

“Ariel I’m so sorry,” He said, pulling me into his arms. 

I knew then. She was gone, we’d lost her to the illnesses taking over her body all too quickly. I wrapped my arms around him dad’s waist, one that had been slimmed from stress, hugging him tightly. 

“It’s gonna be okay, right dad?” I asked him, brushing some stray tears from my eyes. He looked down into my eyes, his twinkling from his own tears, and he slowly nodded. 

“I’ll call the neighbors and tell them about Christmas. Is it too much to ask you to call Zayn?” He asked me. 

I bit my lip - everybody knew the sore spot Zayn had left in my heart, especially my dad. I finally decided I owed my dad this at least, after everything that had happened to him. I nodded my head, stepping away from him and out of the hospital, pulling my phone out and dialing a number that was more familiar to me than my own.