I Wanna Save Your Heart Tonight

“Wow,” Lauren and I whispered as the boys strutted onto stage, clothed in the outfits the two of us had designed for them. This was the cool part about traveling with a boy band, you got to see them perform one on one. Or well, you got to see them do sound check. 

I looked over at Lauren for a second, and just as I did so I heard a crash. Turning back around I saw Liam laying on top of Zayn, a groan escaping his lips.

“WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?” Lauren yelled, jumping on stage and running up to them. I followed behind her, extending a hand to help Liam up. He took my hand, though he picked himself up more on his own then by my help.

“Zayn zigged when he should have zagged,” Liam sighed, brushing off his flannel style button down shirt. I rolled my eyes, moving over to Zayn. I extended my hand, and as he took it to help himself up, I felt a tingle shoot up my arm and hit my cheeks, making me blush.

“Thanks,” He grinned, looking down at himself. I looked him up and down, my eye catching a rip in the black v-neck I’d given him to wear with his red varsity jacket. Sadly, the weather in california was much too hot for said jacket.

“Damn it Zayn you ripped your shirt!” I groaned, pointing at the rip along the side of his shirt. He looked down at it, and shrugged his shoulders.

“It’s barely noticeable,” He said, but just as he shrugged his shoulders the shirt began to rip more.

I groaned, grabbing him by the wrist and pulling him off stage. 

~Flashback~

“Oh my god!” I laughed as Zayn lifted himself up off the ground, pushing his bike off of his back, “You totally ripped your pants,” I laughed, pointing at the giant rip in the butt of his pants. He looked down his back to see said rip, a blush appearing on his lips.

“Damn it Ariel! This is your fault!” He grumbled, trying to steady himself. I noticed blood dripping down his arm from his elbow, and I would have jumped into mom mode, had he not blamed me for the epic shit eating he’d just done.

“How is it my fault!?” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

“You’re the one who wanted to race!” He yelled. 

“You didn’t have to,” I said smugly, looking back at his elbow that was still gushing blood, “Now come on. I’ll clean up your elbow and fix your pants,” I said, smirking. I felt his hand clutch mine, and looking down at our intertwined fingers, I grinned, “Somebody’s scared of the disinfectant,” I laughed.

“Well who wouldn’t be!? That shit hurts!” Zayn laughed. 

~End flashback~

I held Zayn’s shirt in my hand, working quickly with my needle and thread. I looked up at him, catching sight of the scar on his elbow from when he’d fallen off his bike. I smiled to myself, looking back down at the shirt in my hands. 

“Are you excited for the show?” Zayn asked me. I looked back up at him, my fingers finishing a the knot without even needing instructions. 

“Yeah, actually,” I grinned, handing him his shirt. He smiled thankfully at me, slipping it over his perfectly coiffed hair. 

“10 to show time!” A man from up front called. I looked toward the voice, and then back at Zayn, reaching up and tapping his cheek lightly. 

“Go get em’, rock star,” I grinned, before strutting away. I felt a blush cross my face again, just from touching his deep toned skin. I shook my head - I guess the crush I’d had on him as a kid never really did fade. Not even after I’d convinced myself I hated him.