Grad year

Taylor's POV
___________

My name is Taylor Johnson I'm 18 and I live in Kansas , I was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma 3 years ago I went threw 8 rounds of chemotherapy and the cancer was gone within 6 months I was one of the lucky ones. This year I'm graduating high school and I'll be off travelling as a human rights activist shortly after. My best friend Emily will be with me and my boyfriend since 8th grade Jacob will be coming as well. My life started off rocky but it's become amazing. Jacob and Emily stayed by my side the whole time throughout all my chemo, doctors appointments, and x-rays. There is no one I would rather graduate and spend the rest of my adult life with then them.

****************
"Mom! Where are my red converse?" I yelled as I was running done the stairs.

"They're in the closet next to the office, where are you going?" My Mom yelled as I jumped off the bottom stair.

"I'm meeting Emily and Jacob at the park down the street then were going to the mall." I said while lacing up my red chucks.

"Okay well stay safe call me if you need me, I love you." My Mom said while waving me goodbye.

I started walking towards the park. It's 5 minutes away from my house and Emily, Jacob and I have been going there since we were 5. Jacob and I have been dating for about 5 years now, but we've all been friends forever I never thought of him that way until the end of grade 7. Our grade had a end of Middle School party and Emily suggested 7 minutes in heaven and when we were both chosen together he admitted he liked me and kissed me. I guess from then on we've been in love. Plus he was with threw the cancer most boyfriends can't handle it all but he could he always said "I'm always going to be here Taylor no matter what, you can push me away or even break up with me but I'm never leaving your side." That was what true love was. He was there threw the easy parts and the hard parts and they got extremely hard but he didn't back away once. Emily to, we've been best friends since the first day of preschool when she walked up to me and said "Wanna be best friends? I have a Twinkie." I was there for the hard parts when her dad cheated on her mom but her mom wouldn't leave cause he was the only one supporting the family. And she was there for mine. All together we were a family and we were graduating and moving on together in the same direction and nothing could change that.

My mind drifted back to the park once I was there I met up with Jacob and Emily and we headed to the mall, the mall was walking distance as well we all had cars but there was no point in driving because of how close it was. It was so pretty in that park so I decided to post a photo on my Instagram.

 @taylorjohnson: Em and I are so tumblr :-)📷: @jacobbradley

📷: @jacobbradley

___________

Once we got to the mall we went straight to our favourite book store to get some travel books.
"$30 for this tiny book, seriously!?" I sighed.
"Maybe we can find them at the second hand store!" Emily said which was a great idea I loved knowing that the book had traveled itself. We started walking across the mall to the second hand store when to boys ran super fast past us, it was weird but I didn't think anything of it until I saw a security guy running after them Jacob said "they're in deep shit." I laughed at that then intertwined our fingers and we were back to focusing on the store.
Once we got to the store we looked around and found about 8 travel books we bought them all and how ironic is it that it cost us $30 for 8 instead of $30 for 1 that made me laugh.
We walked around the mall a bit more then sat at the food court and looked threw the travel books some had notes written In them which fascinated me even more. We're traveling because I want to work for human rights I received a journalist job that starts after grad my first stop is Morocco where I am going to talk to their government official about their human rights declaration. Everyone is excited because the only place we have been to is Disneyland.

After the mall. It's about 11pm now and Emily has to go home so Jacob and I head back to his house. We both hop on his couch and start to watch stranger things I ask him "Do you think we're going to miss all this after we graduate?" He looked at me and said "I mean I'll miss my family but that's about it I'm ready to go off especially with you, I love you Taylor." He than kisses my nose and gives me somewhat nervous eyes so I ask him "what's wrong? You have this weird look on your face like you want to tell me something." My tone was odd but not as alarming as his facial expression "I have something to tell you." He says while he has the same expression except more emotional.

___________________________

Hello everyone!! My name is Selena and this is my first ever fanfic I hope you like it I don't know if it's that good but keep reading because I feel like it gets better I hope. but I really like my concept of not having Colby come in so fast. Keep on reeding to see what's happens next!:)))