Shes pretty cool

Colby's POV
__________

I wasn't going to approach Taylor, but than she was all alone singing and reading and I just felt bad for ignoring her. So here I am standing behind her about to poke her and cough, that sounds really odd but it's what I'm about to do.

*cough *poke

When she turned around she looked pretty alarmed by seeing me. And now all she's doing is staring at me, not gonna lie it's pretty weird.

"Colby?"

"Hey, I'm surprised you remember me."

"Well I only remember you because you've been avoiding me like I was a virus for the past  month."

"I'm sorry about that. It was a douche move."

I take a seat next to her.

She has a look of surprise in her eyes but quickly turns back to our conversation.

"So why have you been avoiding me lately?"

"Uh, it's a long story."

"I'm not going anywhere, elaborate."

"Well uh you see after we met I went looking for you and I asked the lady in charge of the rooms in your ward if she knew where you were and she told me you got moved. To um Oncology and I was just taken back that you lied to me."

"Wow, Uh well I'm not going to apologize for lying you were and quite frankly still are a stranger and didn't need to know that I have cancer."

"It took me a while but I get that now. If you don't mind me asking what type of cancer do you have?"

"Uh osteosarcoma it's bo..."

"Bone cancer I know."

"How did you know that?"

"My Mom she has cancer not osteosarcoma but a different kind."

Our conversation continued until her friend came running into the cafeteria.

"Tay! Tay!"

A blonde hair brown eyed girl come running into the cafeteria.

"Hey em what's up?"

"I went to your room and you weren't there I was worried you ditched this place and went to live in the wild."

"Your so weird but no I didn't."

The girl I'm assuming named Emily turns and looks at me than looks at Taylor and raises an eyebrow.

"So my little Tay who may this be?"

"Em I'm 5 months older than you, and this is Colby, Colby meet my crazy bestfriend Emily."

I reach out my hand and she shakes it.

"Hi nice to meet you Emily."

"Likewise Colby."

She turns back to Taylor.

"So Taylor I came here to talk to you about Jacob."

Taylor's expression changes and I can tell this Jacob guy definitely pisses her off.

"There's nothing to talk about he cheated I broke up with him."

"Yes I was there, but no that's not it. See it was just a rumour about him hooking up with the girl after you broke up."

"That still doesn't change anything. He cheated. We're over."

"You know I wouldn't ask you this, but just talk to him. For me at least the douche won't leave me alone."

"Ugh fine whatever."

Taylor turns to me she looks embarrassed I mean a stranger now knows all of her baggage.

"Sorry you had to witness that."

Before I can say anything Emily interrupts.

"Hey Tay I'll see you at your room I'm gonna go hit on the hot guy nurses."

"Okay yeah see you in a bit."

She turns back to me.

"So as I was saying I'm sorry you had to witness that."

"It's fine really."

"So Colby tell me about yourself."

"Well, my names Colby."

"Really I didn't know. Haha."

She has a beautiful laugh.

"Um I started out on vine with my friend Sam and now we're transitioning to YouTube. Our goal is to move to LA."

"Wow that is cool."

"I guess. It's a lot of fun."

"What else?"

"My favourite colour is black, I love dogs and I love exploring."

"That's cool."

"How about you Taylor I want to know more."

"Well I'm supposed to move to Morocco and Tavel everywhere, I love singing I play the piano, electric guitar, base, drums, acoustic guitar, ukulele, and violin."

"Wow that's a lot of instruments."

"Yea I love music, almost every genre except screamo."

"I'm so offended I only like screamo." I say this in a sarcastic tone I mean I like more alternative music and rap.

"Well I have good taste in music and screamo is not good."

She's smiling. Wow her smile is beautiful.

*beep *beep her phone goes off.

"Sorry Colby I gotta go Em just texted me the nurses want me back I'll see you around Okay."

"Bye."

"Wait!"

She quickly turns around.

"Yea?"

"Let's swap numbers."

She types her number into my phone and I type mine and I smile and wave goodbye I have this overwhelming feeling of certainty. Taylor is the first girl I've met in a while that makes me feel this way and I just met her.

There's a lot of dialogue in this I KNOW. But I thought it would really be good for them to talk a lot I hoped you liked it!!