9. Project No. 1! GETTING TO KNOW YOU

(I HAVE NO EXCUSES FOR WHY I HAVEN'T UPDATED SOONER... I KNOW IM DISAPPOINTED AT ME TOO BUT ENJOY THIS CHAPTER CAUSE I MADE IT MUCH LONGER THAN OTHER CHAPTERS I BELIEVE... uh.. ENJOY)

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★ 

「Xǐ huì's POV」

Recap:
"Ok now I've got your attention (FINALLY) you'll be doing a—

///////////////

—a project that you'll be doing in...hmm since there're 27 students in this class... Ok! I expect 9 groups of 3, understood?" Ms. Wú said in an enthusiastic tone while smiling. "Oh, almost forgot to mention two more things. One, I will allow you to choose your own groups and second, you'll be working on getting to know your partners so decide carefully who you want to get to know because there is no changing partners cause this is due at the end of this week or the next. Okay~ I'll give you 10 minutes to decide before we discuss this topic again."

Uh oh... Ms. Wú! How could you?! How could you do this to me...

I covered my face with both of my hands in despair knowing I'll be paired up with my two classmates and seatmates one on my right side and the other on my left. Those classmates are Xīn and Liang, wondering what they are doing I peeked through a gap between my fingers. I saw Xīn looking at someone who is on the other side of the room or me... and I assumed it's Liang, he nodded and glanced at me a couple of time before narrowing his eyes at someone who is in front of me.
I heard someone spoke my name but I didn't recognize their voice as it's unfamiliar to me.

"Umm..? Xǐ huì? I was wondering... if you want to join my group?"

I instantly uncovered my face with joy on my face to see my savior opening my mouth to agree but this... this... GUY JUST HAD TO SAY SOMETHING! Ruining EVERYTHING FOR ME!

"SUR—"

"Sorry, she's with us."

"Wait a minu—"

"Yeah, sorry we asked her first."

"NO, YOU DIDN—"

"I suggest you go look somewhere else cause she's taken."

"I'm NOT! DON'T PLEAS—"

"O-oh okay... I'm sorry I didn't know. So...umm bye Xǐ huì, hope I see you around?" The guy who I hoped to be my savior left me, looking quite depressed after 'knowing I was already asked to be in a group of three members, with Liang and Xīn.'
I looked discouraged, crushed as I lost my only one chance of getting away from them.

NOOOOO! WHY?!? I was this (pinching my thumb and pointer finger together but a bit apart) close to escaping their clutches but nope...

"What was that for..." I said pouting with my eyes narrowed at them. "You didn't even ask and who is he?"

"Jiawei. Don't get too close to him, trust us he's two-faced," Liang advice me.
For some reason, I was irritated by commanding me what to do or what to not do.

"Don't tell me what to do!" I whispered-yelled at him.

After that encounter, no one I mean NO ONE came towards me but gazed at me from afar with the passionate desire called curiosity shimmering in their eyes.
They wondered why Liang and Xīn chose you as their partner, well you know curiosity got the better of them as they intensified their gaze at me.

Curiosity is quite an annoying thing, yet this time it's not only annoying it's really infuriated me til no end!! They just stare at you as if they are expecting you to bloody tell you 'Oh they chose me because like I know them through a fight between my friend and their friend and we're only acquaintances but they seem to want to be more than acquaintances, like omg their friend who beat up my friend was apparently not friends with me and my friend and his name is Cheng, you know they're friends with Cheng who you know the guy who beats up people for no god damn reason? Yea.. that's him so... you know that I know that you know what I'm thinking that you probably know what's I'm thinking but most likely you know what I'm thinking and don't like how I'm thinking about what they know what I know that you might not know and ends up understanding what they know and I know so now you should know what I'm thinking and what they're probably thinking what I'm thinking or not.' Well... I'M SORRY TO DISAPPOINT!