10. Why?

(Somewhere in this chapter... I was inspired by a song 'Marry Me' by Jason Derulo, haha I was suddenly like omg I have a great idea! Oh if you don't mind me changing the ages... they are all 16 except Dre and Meiying "who is now one year younger"... Anyhow, ENJOY! :D)

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

「Xǐ huì's POV」

"Where am I?" I said as I look around my surrounding to see a lot of people dressed up like—

"Isn't this the Qi Xi festival? Why am I here? More importantly, how did I get here?" I unconsciously said out loud, walking around accidentally bumping into someone. "Oh! SORry?"

The person ignored me clearly I wasn't happy about their manners, so I yelled at them to come back and apologise for bumping into me as well but.. they seem to not hear me. Then it hit me, as I slowly grasped what hit me and boy oh boy did it made me so scared at that point.

Wait didn't I even bump into them? I didn't feel them colliding with me is this-

"-a dream?" I muttered to myself. I pinched my forearm immediately yelping in pain. It doesn't seem that I'm in a dream since I was still in my—

HUH?!? Where's my midnight blue shirt and blue denim jeans??

I was wearing a short black, velvety cheongsam/qípáo that goes down to my mid-thigh with short sleeves and flower printed at an angle as well as a red outline of my cheongsam/qípáo. 

(If you don't like, umm you can always imagine it yourself :P)

I surveyed my surroundings taking notes, one thing I noticed is that I could not see anyone's faces. Their faces were blurry like that moment when the camera gets out focus. I froze in fear, looking down at the ground with my eyes wide open filled with horror. I felt my dark brown ribbon that tied my dull brown-coloured hair loosen due to the strong wind, my hand went to grab a hold of it but I was a tad late. Startling me, my hair swooshed to the side, the direction where my ribbon blew away. I went to grab it when I heard an awfully familiar voice spoke.

"Hey! Follow me, I wanna show you a great spot to see the fireworks!" A girl's voice uttered, I looked behind myself to where the voice came from, sadly I was unable to catch a glimpse of them.

Until I saw two black silhouettes who were running behind the Shadow Theatre, hands locked together. My curiosity filled me full causing me to follow them. When I reached them they were looking at the midnight sky, I quickly hid behind a tree or two forgetting no one can notice me as it was a dream. I went closer to listen in to their conversation.

"Hey Che**, what you wanna do in the future?" The same girl voice said so cutely making me swoon internally.

I then noticed after trying to imitate the girl creating a more cringy version, that I can't hear what she said when she called out for her companion as if my ears cannot hear it.. or my mind would not allow me to...remember?