Chapter 6

I couldn't wait till this weekend. It was the highlight of this week, especially since I never felt like I had alone time. Liam seemed to be with me everywhere in school always trying to hang around me. He didn't tease me about my actions at the club on Saturday, which I was highly thankful for, but didn't he get the hint I didn't want him around? Actually it's not even a hint, I have bluntly told him I did not want him hanging out around me. He just ignored me and gave an excuse every time he was hanging around me. The prick was really getting  on my nerves.

Bailey was hanging out with me all the time after school, which I didn't mind. We did it all the time every day. But one time I was going to leave to go back to my house for a couple of minutes to grab something and bring it back to hers, she had to go with me. I swear, she was acting weird. Weirder than normal. 

This is why I was looking forward to this weekend. I would be rid of the prick and I would be at Rascal Flatts. Everything would be normal again

Or I guess maybe not so quite normal. I felt like something changed in me last weekend. Maybe it was just the idea of being an official adult. I don't know. Does turning eighteen make you feel something different? More mature? I felt like that or it was a boost of confidence in myself because I swear I was running faster than normal and sometimes I heard things I normally wouldn't hear. But this probably happens to everyone. They just suddenly feel different after something happens to them so I didn't concern myself with it anymore.

I'll say one thing though, after that trip to the mall, cinnamon definitely doesn't smell good anymore. It was repulsive. I guess to much of one smell can do that to a person. I smell it a lot lately. I've never really noticed it before until the mall.

But I was so happy when Friday at school ended, we could go to the concert finally tonight. Bailey spoils me too much sometimes, I just need to remember to do the same for her when her birthday comes around this year.

We headed straight to Bailey's house to drop her things off and grab what she needed and then went to my house to get ready. It was harder for me to choose what to wear than Bailey and I knew she would pick something great out for me.

I was wearing jeans and a really nice purple t-shirt while Bailey was wearing a pretty pink dress. When we were both ready, we went to the concert. It was going to be the best night I had in a long time.

First, beforewe left, we said goodbye to my parents. My dad was watching the news and he was shaking his head. "Such a shame."

"What is it dad?" I asked walking up to him to see what was going on the tv.

"You know that lunitic who been targeting people but the cops don't know for what or who he is? He's just killed another person. Left his mark SP too. Close to here actually. You girls be careful since there's a deranged killer on the loose."

"We will dad, don't worry. There's no reason for him to come after us anyways. Besides, we'll be somewhere with a lot of people. He wouldn't dare attack someone there if he was smart."

"We hope. Just be careful."

"We will," I promised again. I kissed his cheek. "See you later dad."

"Have fun," he said. He then turned back to the tv but started looking for a movie to watch instead.

I wasn't going to let that news ruin my night so I left with a smile. We when finally got to the concert, my excitement was bursting through. I couldn't contain it. Would you be able to if you were seeing one of your favorite bands?

The place was jampacked but I didn't care. It was a great concert. Nothing was able to ruin it until I saw a pair of green eyes. They looked familiar. Where have I seen them before? Before I could think of where, they disappeared and I was left with this dreadful feeling.

Maybe it was nothing but the smell of cinnamon wafted to be and I almost gagged. Who was wearing so much perfume? When the concert ended, I excused myself to go to the bathroom. There wouldn't be so many people there now anyways.

Bailey followed me but stopped to get a refill on our drinks not too far from the bathroom but there was still a good line she had to wait. Luckily for me, no one else was in the bathroom so I had it all to myself.

I freshed up, getting rid of that cinnamon smell. It wasn't easy but I managed too. Just as I was about to walk out and meet Bailey though, the lights shut off.

"Oh come on. This isn't funny," I said knowing someone was playing a trick on me. "Bailey. Please turn the lights back on." I scrambled for my phone so I could have a little light but some werid thing happened, I could see some green.

"It isn't Bailey," a male voice said,  one that I've heard before, "I'll let you have your fun tonight. But you bettef watch your back. Even animals can't protect you forever?"

Was I able to see in this darkness? It was green and black. I looked to where the voice choosing not to be scared but found nothing there. I was actually more amazed by my vision than I cared for the voice. Besides, they made no sense, how could I take him seriously if what he said made no sense?

The lights snapped back on and I was blinded. It hurt and I almost yelled but my eyes adjusted. My eyes probably played tricks on me. There was no way I could see in the dark. And my brain probably made everything up, including the voice. But how else could I coup if everything was actually real. There was no way it was, it was unnatural. But some part of me nagged that it was all real.

Shaking it off, I left to meet Bailey. She handed me my drink and we left the concert. Minus whatever happened in the bathroom, the day had been really great. Now I just hoped it stayed like this. But we all know something great doesn't last very long, especially with a murderer around or a prick to annoy you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! Here's the next update! I decided I was going to update on Tuesday's and Saturday's. There will be some weeks though where I can't update twice a week so I will try hard to update at least on one of these days. Enjoy! The next chapter I know is going to be a long one with everything I have planned.

Comment

Vote

Share