Chapter 42

Warning! It gets a little mature at the end!

————————————————————————————————————————

This was it, the big day. And I was as nervous as a middle schooler on their first day fidgeting constantly. You would think hopefully after everything being taken care of today would be an easier day with not as much to do but I was sadly mistaken. I was woken up extremely early, too early in my opinion because I love my sleep just to start getting ready for the day. Plus I wasn't allowed to spend the night with Liam so I was cranky.

First, they threw me in a tub and I allowed myself to take a nice long shower until they decided it was enough time. Then I ate and other small details including something Bailey slipped me that I had to put in on order of the doctor and Bailey herself thanks to my long separation from Liam today and my month wasn't quite up yet. Luckily I forgot about it pretty quickly because it wasn't something I wanted to think about at the moment. And then it was my hair. Three hours! That's how long it took to do my fricking hair! My hair is thick and long so it took forty minutes to blow dry it and then afterward the team that was brought in to make myself look like a queen and bride couldn't decide between which two hairstyles they liked the best. We had already done this as well but they still hadn't come to a decision. It's rather quite frustrating. But I decided I was going to let them do their thing while I thought of what the rest of the day would bring.

Butterflies were still in my stomach but not so much like feeling I was going to throw up like I did yesterday. These were good butterflies. Good, nervous ones. In a few short hours, I will be bonded to Liam not just through bond but also paper. Proof to every world that we are each other's. I didn't think it was possible to fall this hard for him this fast but to no longer suppress what I fell for him is a great weight lifted off my shoulders and I am proud to finally show everyone how much I love him and how much I would do for him.

Finally, after lunch which I barely ate, they put me in my dress. Mia and Bailey were here as well and I couldn't be happier. They were keeping me sane through all of this. And I'm ecstatic Mia is not trying to throw last minute details on me. She probably senses I couldn't deal with that now anyways even if there were some, it was best to keep my mood giving over nerves and staying happy to the exact opposite.

They decided on a hairstyle and put me in the dress. I took a look at myself in the mirror for the first time. I didn't think it was possible to look the way I do after they were done. I barely recognized myself. I looked like an actual queen. Not someone who a few short months ago had still been in high school, knew nothing of this world, and had just lost her parents. When I looked at the woman in the mirror the girl of who she was gone.

"You look gorgeous," Bailey whispered in wonder.

I smiled and answered, "thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." And she didn't, she was decked out in blue and gold, the colors of the kingdom. It has a simple royal blue design with three finger-width straps over her arms, a gold belt, and the blue faded into glittering gold near her knees where the dress ended at.

Bailey smirked, "thanks. I know."

We laughed but then I heard a sniffle. Quickly, I turned to investigate and saw Mia crying. I instantly became worried. "Mia! Are you okay? What's wrong?" Oh no, I hope nothing bad happened.

She waved off my advances, "no, no. Everything's fine. I'm just so happy. You're marrying my son and making him very happy. That's all I've ever wanted for him, especially because of what happened to him when he was little."

"I promise to make him happy," I told her. Many emotions ran through me but the most prominent was happiness.

"I know you will, you already have. From the first moment, he met you." She laughed, "you should have heard his first phone call to me about you. He was frustrated because you were so stubborn and wouldn't give him the time of day unless forced but he was happy. I could tell with the way he talked about you. You were the one for him."