Chapter 32

Lunch had been a disaster, mostly because the moment I walked in everyone stopped and sniffed the air and a huge grin appeared on their faces. It was then I realized I didn't take a shower to wash off the evidence of last night and this morning. My face had turned beat red at their stares.

Mia was definitely the most satisfied of them all. She shoved me a plate full of food. I gladly took it and went to sit down and realized just how uncomfortable it was for my sore body. But I did my best to ignore it so I didn't draw anymore attention to and events of last night and I wolfed down my food. I did not really bother to see what I ate so I could avoid talking to them altogether.

But I couldn't stop some talk, especially when Mia asked, "so when's the ceremony?"

"We don't know quite yet. We're going to meet with the advisors today to figure this out. Along with many other issues," Liam answered.

"I hope they give us enough time to plan everything. Everything needs to be perfect. I want to take Skylar shopping if that's alright with you," she directed the last part to me.

My eyes whelled up slightly as I thought of my own mother who should be here with me doing this. And then it really dawned on me that I was going to be actually married in the next month and I was so young. That and I was queen over a bunch of people. How was I suppose to do this? What shocked me the most was that I was so young doing all this. I wasn't even nineteen yet for pete sakes. But as I said, I signed up for it when I mated with Liam, I was going to do whatever it took.

I did appreciate her offer however to help me and I gave her a nod since I couldn't speak as I thought of my own mother wishing she was here with me to help me with it all.

Her face brightened at my nod and she clapped. "I can't wait to get started. I have so many ideas already. I know this is going to be amazing, I'll make sure of it."

I gave her a grateful smile as and finished eating. "Thank you," I told her. "For everything. Now if you don't mind I'm going to go get ready to meet with the advisers."

"Go right ahead. We'll be here when you get back."

I smiled back at her and slowly stood up, wincing as I did so. I was definitely not recovered from last night. I heard a cough and I glanced up at Liam who was trying to hide a satisfied smirk and failing. I glared at him and he only winked at me full of suggestion. I started blushing and a sweat broke out across my brow. I hurried out of the room before anyone could see what he was doing to me.

I hurriedly stripped and jumped in the shower once I reached my bedroom. I started to relax under the water even if I felt hot all over.

Suddenly the glass door opened behind me and shut. I whirled around to find Liam behind me. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Joining you for a shower," Liam answered. "What else? Thought we could conserve water."

He joined me under the water and we had a very satisfying shower. We emerged from the shower about a half hour later and got ready for the meeting.

We took the car to the castle and all I could do was stare at it. It was absoultely breathtaking. Gardens surrounded the castle with a wall surrounding them. The castle also looked like an ancient yet modern one. The closest thing I could compare it to was medieval castles with modern updates. But it was gigantic. How could something this large be built here already? Then I remember with a duh... magic. Magic was probably the only reason this was really here.

He drove us to the entrance after we passed the gates and I still stared at it all.

A doorman greeted us when Liam stopped the car. At Liam's cue I climbed out the door with Liam and the doorman bowed. "Welcome back Alpha King. Your advisers are waiting for you in the meeting room." He motioned to a boy who quickly scrambled to us. "We will take care of your car for you. Enjoy your meeting." The boy took the keys from the doorman or what I assumed to be a butler actually the more I observed him. The boy scrambled inside the car and drove it away.