Chapter 22

Liam was right, after awhile I did start to feel right at home in the trees but that did take awhile to achieve. I felt confidently enough in this one tree to climb up and down it after a couple times but apparently it was time to move on to harder climbing trees.

Now we walked to another tree and Liam stopped under one that I couldn't even reach on my toes.

I looked at him incredulous. "You expect me to climb that? Are you insane!" Not only was the nearest branch no where near the top of my head but the other branches were spread farther apart than than the other tree until you got closer to the top. I might not be afraid of climbing trees now but Liam must really be insane if he expected me to climb this one.

Liam shook his head, "of course not. But this one requires you to jump from branch to branch which is good practice for later."

I shook my own head is disbelief. "Good practice for what later?" What could it possibly be?

"For jumping tree to tree of course so others tracking your scent won't be able to pick it up. We can do that another day though. Today we're just going to master this tree, have lunch, and then go visit town."

I growled a little but agreed. The sooner she got this tree mastered, the sooner they could do the fun stuff. Without another word she bent her knees and pushed off the ground with a jump. She didn't know how but she landed on the limb gracefully in a crouch. Surprised was one word for it but it was a good surprise, extraordinary even, one she liked very much. It must have been from instinct. Confident, she leaped to the next branch and landed with the same grace. Her confidence only continued to grow with each leap and she knew distantly that Liam was right behind her but that didn't matter, she was actually having too fun to care.

I jumped all the way up the tree and halfway down when I came to a stop. Liam dropped down on the branch beside me and asked, "why did you stop? You were doing great!"

I gave him a smile, "because of this. I crouched in a running position and before he could say or do anything, I took off down the branch and leapt from the end to the next nearest tree. A rush of excitement raced through me and I soaked in the thrill of it as I ran again and to the next tree.

A roar could be heard from the tree I left Liam in and I glanced back to find him leaping from branch to branch after me.

I grinned a feline mischievous grin and quickened my pace for chase. Liam took the bait and followed the chase. I felt I did a pretty good job at staying in front of him but in the end it came down to experience, I was just not as experienced in the art of jumping trees as he was and he eventually caught me.

I was about to leap onto the next tree when his arms suddenly wrapped around my torso and pulled me to his body caging me in with his arms. "Ah, ah, ah. You didn't think you could escape me did you?" His head bent down to the crook of my neck and took a deep breath through his nose like he was sniffing me. "Because you are sadly mistaken if you think you could ever escape me."

I found my head tilting of its own accord to allow him better access. I don't know why but after that kiss I found myself leaning toward him and wanting more even after the few short hours that had happened between then and now. What was wrong with me? It's like once that line was crossed everything changed and it was irreversible. Not that I of course minded it because it felt extremely remarkable and right. But, "of course. I would never try to escape from you," I purred, "how could I?" I snuggled up to him with an innocent smile and he looked at me like he didn't believe me. My innocent smile must have convinced him because I felt his muscles relax and I took this moment as escape. Before he could register what was happening, I stomped on his foot, shoved him away, dropped down to the next branch, and then jumped to the forest floor twenty feet below me. I rolled with my landing and took off running again howling with laughter.

I heard him curse distantly before he followed me but I had a great head start. I luckily had jumped trees in the direction of the house so I was closer to the house to escape Liam easier. I laughed when I saw it in the distance and I was still ahead of Liam. I raced faster to the house and slammed the door behind me with a laugh while locking it, and just in time too because the next moment Liam was banging on the door.

"Haha!" I yelled laughing, "I escaped you! And successfully too!"

"Oh, just you wait you little minx, I will get you, and you will regret it." He growled playfully through the door.

I grinned, "well, you would have to catch me first, now if you wouldn't mind, I have some things to do." I left the door still locked but knowing it wouldn't hold him for long. I ran up the stairs and into my room to grab my clothes and hurry to the shower. I could wait a few more minutes to eat at least.

When I finished with my shower, I hurried back to my room but I wasn't the only person in there. A scream escaped my lips and I clutched the towel tighter to my body while the intruder on my bed just laughed.

"How did you get in here?" I demanded livid. "I never invited you in!"

"What? Besides having a key to every lock on this property you mean?" he said innocently. "Through your balcony doors of course. I thought it would be much easier to scare you this way so you couldn't hear me coming. Looks like I was right."

"Get out of here!" I screamed grabbing the nearest object which just so happened to be one of my shoes. "Get out of here now if you don't want me to beat you with this!"

"Alright, alright. I give up!" he said holding his hands up in surrender. "This is not my revenge on you yet anyways little minx. That will be coming when you least expect it." He skirted around me with his hands still up in the air and darted out before I could throw my shoe at him.

I growled and stalked to my doors, shutting them with more force than they needed, and locking them. He may have had a key but I still felt better having a little extra security next time he tried something.

After this I put clothes on and went downstairs to eat while a thought struck me. Where was Bailey? Usually she would have pounced on me already for information on really anything but she's been doing that a lot less. Now that I think about it, I haven't really seen her all that much besides here and there yet she always managed to show up for the important parts so where was she? What has she been doing lately and not telling me? Concern for my friend left me quiet the entire time until I finally asked Liam. "Where's Bailey? Do you know?"

He shrugged, "she's probably in town. She likes it there and it gives her something to do while we're training all day."

I raised an eyebrow accusingly, "and who's fault is that for making me train all the time?"

"Not mine," Liam answered automatically, "besides, you want to dominate your beast, not your beast dominate you, correct? Without this training your beast would take control. You keep it at bay. Anyways we'll be seeing her soon enough if that's what you're worried about. Now if you're done eating, let's go." Liam then strode out of the house and without much pause I followed him quickly eager to get going.

What surprised me when we did leave however was the car Liam was walking toward. I figured we were running like we always did to get to anywhere we were going but surprisingly enough, it looked like we would be taking this car. This was a nice change, one I definitely wouldn't complain about. I jumped into the passenger seat while he bent into the drivers side. "Buckle up!" he grinned before flooring the car to high speeds down the road.

I grinned in response and watched the world pass by and thinking of what was to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello! Here's chapter 22! What do ya'll think?

Commet

Vote

Share