Chapter 29

Even though I had warning I was not prepared for the whirlwind that came. As soon as my feet crossed the entrance I was ambushed my his mother.

"So, I hope you're staying for dinner Skylar because I know everyone would love to meet you." I found myself scooting behind Liam slightly as if he could guard me from his mother for a little protection as soon as she ambushed us but obviously that didn't help. Almost as soon as she finished speaking she reached around him and grabbed my wrist pulling me to the dinner table.

I gulped in response as she pulled me sweating slightly. Was it just me or was getting hot in here? I nervously asked the woman, "everyone?"

"Yes everyone. The whole family! Us, the kids, and his grandparents." Mia answered excitedly.

If I could have stopped in my tracks I would have but I was just dragged along to the dinning room that we haven't used since I've been here. Grandparents? I was going to be meeting his grandmother who made this entire place? Oh no. Just the thought of that had me wondering how I could ever live up to something like that. I shot Liam a look that was both mad at him and pleading with him to get me out of here and all he did was shrug. Seriously, shrug!? And was that a little smirk on his face as well?

When Mia finally let go of my wrist I saw we had made it to the dinning room. The table was pulled out much longer than it originally was thanks to the leaves added in between. There were also a bunch of people gathered around it. All his siblings, his dad, and his grandparents but I had to recheck, Mia said everyone so where was his other grandparents?

In response to his mother letting me go I took a step back and ran right into Liam. I glanced up and the first thing that popped out of my mouth was, "where are your other grandparents?" It wasn't anything I was actually feeling with my distress toward him and this situation but my curiosity which was surprising.

Liam led me a couple steps away from everyone, which I was thankful for because even if I wasn't swarmed by everyone at the moment it was still overwhelming. "My other grandparents don't know anything about our world, as in the paranormal or supernatural, they are completely in the dark about it all. Have been for years. And before you ask what they think I'm doing with all my time instead of going to like college like they think I would be, they think I'm overseas volunteering to help others. I am doing what they think I'm doing, kind of, so it's not a completely lie at least."

I nodded slowly, "yeah, I guess that makes sense," I said after a minute of thinking it over. I opened my mouth to say something else but I never got there because his mom decided it was time to talk.

"Excuse me! Everyone!" Mia said calling attention of all the family quieting them down. "I have an important and exciting announcement! Liam found his mate so I would like to introduce you all to the newest member of our family, Skylar!"

Mia pointed to me and all eyes turned on me. I stood frozen with their eyes but Liam gave me a little nudge bringing me back to reality. I gave a tentative smile and waved. "Hi, everyone. It's nice to meet you."

The oldest boy of the three children there gave me a curious look as if not quite knowing what to think of me, the second boy who looked younger than the oldest glanced at me before turning away to play with some action figure while the youngest of the three was a little girl and she giggled and waved. I smiled back at her and waved as well. They were easy to look at, I was hesitant to look at the rest of his family though. What would they think?

When I did finally turn my head in their direction knowing it would be rude if I didn't acknowledge them, I saw that his grandpa had mostly a straight face and looked like he trying very hard to hide a smirk but failed miserably. His grandma however only had a pleasant smile on her face. What? A pleasant smile? That could be taken in so many different ways I had no idea what it meant. But I returned a small smile as well before quickly looking to Liam for any possible way out even if we already discussed that there wasn't.

"These are my other three children," Mia mentioned pointing to them. "The oldest is Maxwell but we call him Max for short. Jason is the middle child and Emily is our youngest but we call her Emmy as well." After that we were seated at the table. I was seated next to Liam who was at the end of the table and the rest of the children were seated on the same side of the table I was on because it was easier to squeeze them with me on my side than more adults. Emily was seated next to me and she only giggled while Liam's grandparents and mom were on the opposite side and Liam's dad, Adam, was at the other end of the table.

I glanced up from my seat across the table to find Liam's grandmother staring at me. My head shot down so fast it was almost like I never looked that way. Instead I looked at Liam because he was what was most familiar.

As if sensing my discomfort he shot me a reassuring smile and grabbed my hand under the table. He squeezed my hand and I held on for a moment before forcing myself to let go. I needed to face this head on and not be scared.

"So, Skylar," I heard Adam say for the first time. I turned my head to stare at him. "How do you like this place so far?"

I gulped and it felt like the rest of my body where no one could see started twitching uncontrollably. I grabbed my hair nervously and started to play with it on reflex before forcing my hands away and soon found myself playing with my nails. I took a deep breath as I tried coming up with a reasonable answer that did not hopefully offend Liam's grandmother in any way. "I like it just fine. It's great. Of course it's not home but I do really like it." Nothing could ever really beat your home right? It was your home after all, where you grew up and all your memories were. It was the place to come back to after a tough day and feel better.

When I glanced at his grandmother she seemed to have a satisfied/pleasing look and I relaxed. After this dinner passed by much more smoothly. After the initial question I was much more open and relaxed around them until it came to an end.

"Is it alright if we all go to bed? Is there any rooms you can spare?" Mia asked.

"Sure," Liam answered, "Bailey's not here and I'm sure she won't mind. The boys can sleep in there if they want and you can have my room with Emmy. Grandma and Grandpa are going back to their cabin after all right? So we don't have to worry about finding space for them?"

A nod from them confirmed it and I wondered where there cabin was.

"Thank you sweetheart," Mia smiled but then a look passed over her face. "But then where are you going to sleep?"

I turned on him and agreed, "yes. Where are you going to sleep?"

"I figured the couch-"

"How about your room?!" Liam and Mia but said at the same time but Mia continued further. "You are mates after all. I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be in the same room."

"No, mom-"

"I'm not sure if I would be that comf-"

"Well this would be the perfect time then. You don't have to sleep in the same bed but you should spend more time together now shoo, off you to bed you two. I don't want to here another argument."

"Wow mom," Liam said. "Most parents discourage this kind of behavior."

"Well you're mates and that pretty much makes you married already so it really doesn't matter."

"That's right sonny boy," his grandfather said, "considered yourself married alreadg even if you haven't gone through the ceremony yet. She's a pretty thing too to be married to so you might as well start sharing the same room."

It was just starting to sink in what they were saying. Married? I was kind of already married to Liam because I was his mate? What?! I was too young to be married! Before I could voice any of my concerns because of my shock Liam sighed loudly, "fine. We'll share a room alright? Let's go, Skylar." He then grabbed my wrist and helped pull me up to my room. Oh my this wasn't going to end well, I just knew it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally. Here's the next chapter. I hope you enjoy it! What do you think will happen?

Comment

Vote

Share