Chapter 28

After another hour the final person went through the gate. Luckily everyone was able to go through so I guess they had a good background check. Some people had the process longer than others but they too were eventually cleared.

Everyone else on this side of the gate was gone now and it was just me and Liam on this side. I stood there awkwardly looking anywhere but at him. Now that the whole ordeal was over what was I suppose to do? I couldn't go back to being all buddy buddy with him after the revelation, I was still pissed at him for not telling me and trying to hide it. Well, my mind was pissed, the rest of me wasn't. Something inside of me just wanted to forgive him and quickly move on but my mind won... barely.

If I had my choice I wouldn't talk to him but I wasn't quite sure what to doo from here. Were there any more jobs I could take on at the moment that actually allowed me away from Liam? Or were there no more jobs for the day? Whichever it was I asked, "so.... are we done here? Shall we go through the gate now to see what else can be done?"

He shook his head, "no, everything's been taken care of. There's nothing else to do for awhile but that doesn't mean we are going through quite yet?"

I cocked my head, "what do you mean?"

"I mean I want to talk to you before going through the gate." He touched my elbow and guided me away from the entrance.

I just let him pull me a few yards away from the gate before we stopped. To look like I was still mad at him for not informing me I was his mate I pulled my arm away, crossed my arms, and raised my eyebrow giving him an irritated look. "Okay, so what is it you want to talk about?"

He held his arms up in surrender and backed away a couple of steps before stopping and dropping his arms. "I just wanted to give you warning about my parents," he answered hesitantly.

"What about you're parents?" I asked. "Your mom seemed nice enough from what I did meet of her and I'm betting your dad is just as nice so I don't see any reason why you should warn me about them."

"Well, I'm going to warn you anyways. They are most like coming over with my siblings to have dinner with us. And before you refuse no to dinner, I know, my mother especially, that they are going to request you there."

He was right, I would have protested being there with his family to eat preferring for them to catch up without me but if I can wiggle my way out of it there will be no stopping me.

"You know, I don't want to intrude..." I tried protesting just a little bit anyways. "This is your family time, I shouldn't be there so you guys can catch up by yourselves."

"That's not going to work on my mother, trust me. She will most likely hunt you down and drag you back to the cabin if you're not there."

"Well what about Bailey? We can't exactly kick her out you know for everyone else to have dinner, not that I want to kick her out of course. She lives there too." I had the feeling that Bailey would be welcomed to join but was not preferred so by his mom.

"Don't worry about Bailey, I already know she's not going to be there," he answered automatically.

Suspicious now I inquired, "what do you mean Bailey's already not going to be there? What's going on?"

He seemed to recognize he said some type of error and covered it by saying, "you're just going to have to ask her yourself. I can't say anything. She'll tell you soon enough though."

"Tell me what?"

"I said I can't say.  Just trust me that she'll tell you when she's ready."

I really wanted to pull the information out of him but with the way things were going I knew I wasn't going to get any answers from him so I shut my mouth on that situation.

Seeing that I wasn't saying anything else Liam said, "come on. Let's go back through the gate and back to the cabin where my mom will bombard you."

I smiled nervously. "Yay, can't wait." Just my luck to have to come face to face with the mother of the mate I just found out I had. I know I already met her but it was easier when I didn't know at the time I was Liam's mate, now knowing this it wasn't going to be so easy.

I followed Liam back through the gate and prepared myself for what to come. Hopefully this turns out okay?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, sorry this is late and I know it's pretty short but I've been pretty busy packing and moving to college and I finally moved in yesterday so I hope you like the update! It's been pretty hectic and I've been sick for the past week so it hasn't been easy but here you go! What do you think?

Comment

Vote

Share