❀ 3

In his diary, there are a lot of entries. Rants, stories and sentences. 'Yung iba nga mukhang maiksi lang at wala talaga siyang balak pahabain, but the main idea is included.

Habang nagbabasa ay para bang nasusubaybayan niya din ang pangyayari sa buhay niya. She thought that she already knew Jihoon so well, but after reading his diary, ang dami pa palang kulang.

"Ellie. . ." Tawag sa kaniya ni Daniel. Compared to the past few days, he now looked lively. Mas mukha na siyang buhay and he almost didn't look like he grieved anymore. He looked more okay than ever. Mas sumigla pa yata ito dahil alam niyang may panibagong chapter ang madadagdag sa buhay nila, "I have something to tell you."

"Mhm? Ano 'yun?" She answered lifelessly. He noticed, of course, but hindi niya alam kung paano. At this point, hindi lang maisip ni Ellie ang sarili niyang kinakalimutan si Jihoon. It's her mindset, ang h'wag mag-move on at ang h'wag kalimutan ang isang Park Jihoon.

"First, kailangan mo munang ngumiti," Ellie started to form an arc on both sides of her lips, pero it was obviously forced, "Genuinely." Nawala ang pekeng ngiti sa mukha niya. How can you smile while in pain?

"How?"

"Think of it as an inspiration. Isipin mong masaya na siya, at mas gugustuhin niyang sumaya ka kahit na wala na siya sa tabi mo. You have to think that this is what he wants and this is for the best. You have to think about him, smiling and waving at you, telling that you have to continue living."

And with that, Ellie closed her eyes. For a minute, nothing happened. But slowly, the bigger arc formed on both sides of her lips, seemed really real. She started grinning until she can lowly chuckle by herself, just thinking about him. And Daniel realized that it is really hard to replace Jihoon in her heart.

"Ako 'yung nagpadala ng candid photos with letters. But some of them were from Jihoon. Some of the photos were taken by him. And ginusto niyang ipalabas na lahat ng iyon ay galing sa akin. Because that time? He never expected you to like him back."

She didn't say anything. But hearing the explanations of history pains her heart. Bakit ngayon ko lang nalaman? And thoughts like that.

"You know. . . I'm really disappointed kasi. . . you never tried to remember me. Pero at least we still have a chance right? I mean. . . nakwento ni Jihoon ang nangyari sa kaniya dati and I was a part of it right?" Nakatingin lamang sa kaniya si Ellie at para bang nagtataka sa bawat salitang binibitawan niya, "Ellie. . . ako 'yung nagpakilala sa'yo kay Jihoon. The story of Ellie and Jihoon would be nothing if hindi ko kayo pinagmeet." 

Daniel smiled really purely and innocently. Bitterness can be heard but it was sincere. May hard feelings si Daniel since hindi pa rin siya naalala ni Ellie, but it doesn't matter now. Because they are together, and he will never let her go away again.

Without Jihoon, it felt really empty. But it's God's choice and for sure, may mas maganda pang dadating sa buhay nila. They settled with Kyulkyung already, and as his friend, hindi niya magawang hindi malungkot para sa naging kaibigan niya. The only problem is moving on.

But of course, time heals everything. 

And it will heal their hearts and their minds.

Time will.

END OF SPECIAL CHAPTERS