Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen: Just in Time

"We are as indestructible as we believe ourselves to be." - John Green

-

 "They're called the Titans," Director Fury informs us, "They're an outer galactic race we have only heard about, never encountered."

 "So, they're aliens," Alex infers.

 "If you want to put it in very simple terms, yes," Nick looks at Alex, "And who are you?"

 "I'm Alex, the friend you let Monica bring up here," Alex smiles enthusiastically.

 "And why are you in this meeting? This is for classified, Avengers agents only," He does not look amused, "And last time I checked, you're not even a proper part of S.H.I.E.L.D."

 "With all due respect, sir, he's the one who helped me diagnose the scepter," Doctor Banner steps in.

 "That wasn't your call and that does not make him qualified for this meeting."

 "Sir, he's helping me," Banner insists.

 "Fine, I'll allow it this one time considering we don't have time to waste," Fury cocks his head, "Back to the Titans, we're worried that they've stolen Asgard's or a planet under Asgard's protection's Uru weapons. These Uru weapons are highly dangerous and if they are in the wrong hands as they could do more damage than we can imagine. By the evidence we've seen so far, nothing of Earth would even come close to being an equal match against the weapons. Thor and his kingdom have always protected Uru weapons and kept them in good hands. We're concerned that the Titans have attacked Asgard and stole them. Which, they, the Titans, have caused troubles for other planets in the past. Until we have answers about how the Titans have Uru weapons our mission is to find them and make sure they don't cause anyone harm."

 "It's a simple catch-and-arrest mission?" Natasha crosses her arm.

 "We'd like to hope for that; however, we don't know how many of these Uru weapons they have let alone how many Titans they have here. We can hope they don't have a grudge against us."

 "You're telling us the either we go and arrest the two creatures that have a scepter or we run into their entire army?" Captain Rogers lowers his eyebrows.

 Director Fury nods, "Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers, and Agent Barton will go down to complete this mission. Stark, you'll be on standby in case things start to go bad."

 "Why am I backup?" Tony looks slightly offended.

 "We just want to capture them, not kill them. Plus, may I remind you why you didn't even qualify for this program in this first place?"

 "Seriously? You're still throwing that in my face? I thought I proved myself in New York? You're worried I'll mess up the exclusive mission?"  Tony rolls his eyes.

 "You need to stay here, end of discussion. And you need to train Monica," Nick Fury starts to walk away, "Romanoff, Captain, Barton you need to get suited up."

 "Right away, sir," The three of them leave Alex, Bruce, Tony, and I alone in the laboratory.

 Tony groans and flops down in his swivel chair. Bruce and Alex go back to studying the Uru scepter. "Tony, is it ready?" I ask the distressed man.

 "What time is it?" Tony looks at his watch, "Yeah, it's been an hour. It's ready."

 I walk over to the freezer and pull out a test tube full of a clear serum. I find where a few injectors are stored. I take one and pull the thick liquid into the clear barrel. I go over to Alex and make sure he isn't holding anything important.